Big ideas about a big wing

4 hours ago, woody37 said:

Just caught up with your progress John. It’ll never win a beauty award in that configuration but it’s a superb conversion. Those engine redesigns alone are a work of art let alone the wing mods :)

Thank Woody, from certain angles she can look quite elegant, from other she looks like an Albatross on the ground :)   

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SA80A2AR said:

BIG is not the word for this

looks nice in grey but'll look nicer with the scheme on 

Thanks, I can't wait to get some paint on her, the building is taking forever, but I shouldn't be surprised really given the work involved. :)

John 

As I suspected, I'm not done with the filler, oh well, one day! Anyway I've been refining the big air intakes under the TF.33 nacelles. To give them some depth and an open mouth I've cut the milliput back by approximately 1/4 inch and replaced them with plastic card. 

B5JHSJ.jpg

B5JN1n.jpg

Then it's back to the green stuff! 

B5JVLs.jpg

and on the topside too!

B5J032.jpg

John

• Like 9

14 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Does Milliput come in the quart/0.9 liter size now, John? Ha! Seriously, she's coming along nicely.

Mike

Thanks Mike, if it did I'd only end up using more 😊. It's green stuff I could use by the bucket full, I remember the days when a tube of green stuff would go off in the tube before I'd used half of it, oh happy days! 

John

On 12/30/2018 at 6:57 PM, canberra kid said:

Next those lovely vortex generators, I can hardly contain my excitement! :)

A truly Zen state of calm being exuded John given the task that now faces you!

We are surely in the presence of a Master Vorticist.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheBaron said:

A truly Zen state of calm being exuded John given the task that now faces you!

We are surely in the presence of a Master Vorticist.

Hommmmm. hommmmm,hommmm, Heeeek!!!!! That's the way I see it panning out Tony :) 

John

• Haha 1

I've got the first painting job done, the light grey wingtips which are made of glass fiber on the real aircraft, this serves a double purpose, it makes for a cheap replacement should the wing tip get damaged on landing and it is also the position for a large radar antenna which was part of the Pee Wee III ELINT suite.   

BcYrID.jpg

I've also re-scribed the few remaining panel lines lost during filling. 

BcYBYd.jpg

John   

• Like 12

WOW!!

It really has come along very quickly!

Good luck with the vortex generators....I'm sure the pain will be worth it in the end?

I'm hoping to have the PR.9 completed in the not too distant future....the new work bench is slowly being put together.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Somehow Yowzah and Wow don't quite say enough! (Maybe fandamntastic?) You go, John!

Mike

Thanks Mike, all those are more than enough :)

John

10 hours ago, Mikey-1980 said:

WOW!!

It really has come along very quickly!

Good luck with the vortex generators....I'm sure the pain will be worth it in the end?

I'm hoping to have the PR.9 completed in the not too distant future....the new work bench is slowly being put together.

Thanks Mikey, I hope so, if not it won't be for lack of trying!! I'm looking forward to seeing an update on your PR.9, she can't be far off now?

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

She is starting to look a bit good now John, I"m way impressed with your scribing. 👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve, it's all down to trick photography :)

John 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Thanks Steve, it's all down to trick photography :)

John 

Nope- it's the lighting from those bathroom fixtures you have stuffed in the front of the nacelles! 😜

Mike

• Like 3
  • Haha 1