Big ideas about a big wing

Catching up again John. There is some very impressive heavy surgery going on here and the louvre idea is very creative! It really works well.

Keep it coming!

Terry

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Just got back to the WIP- I can just hear John's wife; "Honey, is there any reason why the steaks I bought are sitting on the kitchen counter with the plastic tray missing?" John- you are a master  scavenger, but bless me if those louvers aren't the bee's knees!

Mike

Thanks Mike, the secrate is I don't tell her 😊 my original plan for the packing was to use it as a spar but it wasn't  long enough, but as it turns out all was not lost! 

John

15 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Catching up again John. There is some very impressive heavy surgery going on here and the louvre idea is very creative! It really works well.

Keep it coming!

Terry

Thanks Terry

The next part of her surgery will be more like orthopaedic rather than plastic 😊

John

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2018 at 7:01 PM, canberra kid said:

I've made a mistake! I've counted how may vortex generators I need to fit to the tail plaines, it's only 112, but on the plus side I only need to add 48 swirl vanes to the front of the engine

We were being too polite to saying anything John but glad you caught that.

Folk were starting to mutter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

More wing work, I've reprofiled the plates that run down the side of the nacelles and as you can see I've been out with the green stuff, I'm sure it won't be the last time! It definitely looks more like now. The rusty looking spot at the bottom of the photo is my blood!  :)

xtnBbq.jpg

John

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

On 10/6/2018 at 4:51 PM, Hamden said:

I can see a lot of blood sweat and tears going into this project - NOT to much blood I hope!

Roger

Not if I can help it Roger :)

John

On 10/6/2018 at 5:29 PM, Andwil said:

Interesting but drastic weathering technique.

AW

I think it's the sort of thing that would look better on a rusty ship, at least it looks like I'm ok for Iron :) 

John

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Shedding blood on the construction phase, that's dedication!

Clearly no sacrifice is too great for those who truly love the Canberra...

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, canberra kid said:

The rusty looking spot at the bottom of the photo is my blood!  :)

John,

Can plasma or platelets be used as a filler? Thought of you last night, as while watching a special on the Military Channel, there was a segment on Cold War spy planes, and there was a nice, but brief video segment in color of a WB-57F with the 'Weather' band on the fin taxying out- looked to me like you nailed the nacelles!

Mike

In case you don't have these already, here are some video clips you might find useful- knowing you though, you've already seen them a hundred times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2MWN5GFQic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGmHf0UYyps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuWxBApnc0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive so far, I spoke to you at the Keighley show as I was amazed by the size of it and the work you have done so far. 

On 10/8/2018 at 9:00 AM, Terry1954 said:

Shedding blood on the construction phase, that's dedication!

Or carelessness :)

On 10/8/2018 at 3:27 PM, TheBaron said:

Clearly no sacrifice is too great for those who truly love the Canberra...

offering to the green filler god, I hope it pays off :)

On 10/8/2018 at 5:43 PM, 72modeler said:

John,

Can plasma or platelets be used as a filler? Thought of you last night, as while watching a special on the Military Channel, there was a segment on Cold War spy planes, and there was a nice, but brief video segment in color of a WB-57F with the 'Weather' band on the fin taxying out- looked to me like you nailed the nacelles!

Mike

In case you don't have these already, here are some video clips you might find useful- knowing you though, you've already seen them a hundred times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2MWN5GFQic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGmHf0UYyps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuWxBApnc0

Not sure Mike but the way it's going I could be in a position to let you know :) I'd love to see an F in the flesh, my son got to see the one that staged through Prestwick a few years back and managed to get some photos, but that's as close as I,ve got so far. Thanks for the links too, you can never have too much big wing in your life! 

22 hours ago, Mr T said:

Very impressive so far, I spoke to you at the Keighley show as I was amazed by the size of it and the work you have done so far. 

Thanks, it was good to chat with you at the show, and glad you are enjoying the build, will you be going to Huddersfield/Halifax in Feb? if so I hope she will be completed by then.

John      

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 2:24 PM, JeffreyK said:

Wow, impressive, great work! Will you bring this to Telford (finished or not...)? Last year I missed all your nice Canberras as I only had time for a good look around on Sunday.

Cheers,

J

Hi Jeffrey

Thanks, unfortunately I/we won't be at the Nat's this year, her first public out (if all goes well) will be Halifax in Feb, net year 2019 will be the Canberra's 70th so we will be doing a full display at Telford, all being well!

On 10/13/2018 at 3:00 PM, Hamden said:

That looks really good John, really shows the size of the completed project now

Roger

Thanks Roger, she is big! I dread to think what will happen if anyone brings out a 1/32 Canberra :) 

On 10/13/2018 at 3:23 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Definitely Impressive :yikes: And very big ! 

Thanks mate!

On 10/13/2018 at 3:47 PM, 72modeler said:

You go, John! You da man! Looking good! 👍

Mike

Thanks Mike, so far so good, I've just topped up what little filing there was to sort.

John