Big ideas about a big wing

2 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Thanks crobinsonh, I intend to build it as a USAF F but if I screw up with the silver I may well go down the NASA route with her.

John 

Oh no!!! I was really looking forward to the NASA version 😢😢😢

Graham

9 hours ago, canberra kid said:

As I said Graham, don't despair, she may well end up in NASA colours in the end. 😊

John

Oh, I’m sure it’ll be superb which ever scheme you go for.

No pressure.

Graham 😁😁😁👍👍👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamS said:

Oh, I’m sure it’ll be superb which ever scheme you go for.

No pressure.

Graham 😁😁😁👍👍👍

Thaķs Graham,  it was a hard choice as I really like the NASA F' s too, I've built three NASA F's in 1/72 so I'm not ignoring them 😊

John

• Like 1

More work on the wing today, I've fixed to two parts together and moved on to the engine. lots of milliput! I've made a stab at reproducing the louvers at the back of the nacelle, again I've been delving in the rubbish bin, this time in the form of some corrugated plastic packing tray which fitted the bill, not 100% accurate but I hope you agree it gives the 'feel' of the louvers. 

xUgROp.jpg

Lot's and lot's of milliput! This is just the first fill, I will still need to do some more reprofiling work on the nacelles and I'll be revisiting it with the green stuff too.

xUgMv6.jpg

After a bit of a tidy up

xUgnff.jpgxUgiXb.jpg

John    

• Like 15

13 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Wow!

That's looking highly impressive John. Those corrugations are little short of genius in the old lateral thinking stakes. :clap:

Thanks Tony,  it's just another case of having the right junk in the right place at the right time 😊

John

• Like 1

Hi John, Missed lookign at your build thread for a couple f weeks, so just chatching up. Lots going on here and that's a lot of 'bog' you are putting into the engine afterparts. I think you'l get wawy with the te engine louvres, they are almost hidden!!!

Looking forward to your next posts.

Colin

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 6:30 PM, heloman1 said:

Hi John, Missed lookign at your build thread for a couple f weeks, so just chatching up. Lots going on here and that's a lot of 'bog' you are putting into the engine afterparts. I think you'l get wawy with the te engine louvres, they are almost hidden!!!

Looking forward to your next posts.

Colin

Thanks Colin, it's moving along quite well so far :)

10 hours ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Nice work there!

Slowley getting there and looking great too :)

Thanks Mikey, it's moving faster than I thought she would, but there is plenty of time for things to go wrong :)

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Keep the Faith Fella!!

Nothing will go wrong, just keep at it :)

Thanks Mikey, I have two issues looming on the horizon, one is the fan fronts for the TF. 33' s and the other is the vortex generators on the tail plane's, other than that it,it's just good honest kit bashing, such fun! 😊

John

• Like 1

I'm working on it Micky, yes the VG's will need to be very thin plastic card it's more of a pain than a technical problem, I've not counted them but I'm thinking more than 50 and in a V shape. I've got a call out for a spare set of 1/48 A.10 front fans they my for the bill?

John

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, canberra kid said:

I've been delving in the rubbish bin, this time in the form of some corrugated plastic packing tray which fitted the bill, not 100% accurate but I hope you agree it gives the 'feel' of the louvers. 

Just got back to the WIP- I can just hear John's wife; "Honey, is there any reason why the steaks I bought are sitting on the kitchen counter with the plastic tray missing?" John- you are a master  scavenger, but bless me if those louvers aren't the bee's knees!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1