Sally from Switzerland - 3 FINISHED

As a diversion from my usual 144 Airliners, I'm joining this GB with the arrival of three kits from Jadlam

20180817_150011

A very nice Xtradecal sheet arrived from Lowestoft earlier in the week

20180817_150134

My aim is to build at least two of the kits together - the first one will be finished as J-2113 of the Swiss Air Force (Dubendorf 1951) and the second will probably be the Italian 4.28 from 1952.  Perhaps they met at an Airshow in the early Fifties?

20180817_150206

Time to get started...………...

Regards

Mike

Edited by FortyEighter
Title changed
  • Like 6

Almost time to join the first fuselage

20180819_164438

Managed to break the joystick cutting it off the sprue but brass wire to the rescue.  Also forgot the gunsight, so needed to remove the panel to attach it.

Rather than trap the prop when glueing fuselage halves, I'll just glue the collar inside so that the prop can ve added later.

• Like 3

Another days progress, both now primed and a first metallic coat applied from Humbrol rattle cans;

Polished Aluminium on the left and Chrome Silver on the right

20180822_172931

The third Mustang had to go back to Jadlam for replacement as it contained two Sprue A and no Sprue B☹️

• Like 1

Managed to spoil the nice chrome silver finish by picking it up whilst still slightly tacky, so have had to micromesh prior to re-spraying.  At least the replacement kit has arrived:

20180826_162141

The other mustang (polished aluminium) is now sat on its own legs

20180826_162225

Won't get much more done in the next few days as my modelling light has just blown its tube - will try to source a spare online or possibly at IPMS Driffield show next Sunday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anthony Kesterton said:

A nice pair of mustangs.  I have wanted to build a SAAF Korean Mustang for a while, and was wondering where to get the Springbok roundels (spell?) from.  I have ordered the Xtradecal set now 🙂

I'm pleased that my post helped

• Like 1