***Finished*** Airfix gnat

Brought by mistake, had intended to get the new tool edition but it was sold on the rack so I spotted the back of this hanging up and assumed it was the newer one, but now it can be a third entry to this GB

30222050058_e34bc6f558_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

It's a bit cheeky of Airfix to sell them side by side in the same packaging. I like the idea of the Airfix Classics - forewarned is forearmed!!

Looking forward to see how you get on with this one.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

It's a bit cheeky of Airfix to sell them side by side in the same packaging. I like the idea of the Airfix Classics - forewarned is forearmed!!

Looking forward to see how you get on with this one.

Regards,

Adrian

Not the same from the front, and indeed the backs are slightly different, but was an artificat from the fact my local has old stocks either thorough things not getting sold or just being overlooked in the stockroom when the shelves and racks are rejuvenated, agree though with the airfix classics idea. 

24 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

That's the style - this is the place for the 'first toolings'. Hope you've got the red paint in stock! Thanks for bringing this in. Cheers. Mike

Indeed have a pot of Humbrol19, wanted to pick up the gnat to try out the red arrows red paint some more but I didn't know then the gnat never used Signal Red so Humbrol 19 Post Office red it will be. Might dig out a sadly modern airfix hawk to sneak in this thread alongside it. 

• Like 2

Right being a plonker I painted a few coats of red on, not figuring a pot of paint not used for over a year might need some thinning, and the resulting coat was too uneven to even be sanded smooth so stripped ready for priming a 2nd time before suitably thinned red is painted 

44241562641_c7590d7d25_b.jpg

• Sad 4

Decided against the aerials as ultimatum this will be replaced eventually with the new tool, also the canopy should have a thin white stripe around it but no way I can paint it so, once this has a final satin coat I'm calling it done. Also that nose probe is a staple , as the kit one broke, and was a telegraph pole anyway.

44484598312_8ed9c4e5ca_b.jpg

• Like 6