Tornado GR4 - Revell 1/48

Been busy decalling this over the last week or so. The Airfix decals went down quite well with only a few needed a couple of re-applications of Micro-Sol to remove the silvering.

y4mUP-NMVq0aAJ2fGNIdXG4Ig4B-JpqLTy-NVxKUy4mqAb2n91nOBX2FMCcEbGf3KCF1IVZyR7CLGAQMy4mSX5H0180-RUVEHUjaDrVbwE3NTx3EqRkJkV-c

I've recoated the decals in Future and applied some staining with oils. I'm waiting for the Model Master touch-ups to go off before applying the matt coat next week. I need to check my stash at home for some warning decals for the TIALD pod and BOL rails, too before matt-coating.

I've also noticed I need to redo the radome tan on the lower antenna just forward of the nose wheel well and apply the same colour on the antennae at the top of the fin. Once it's matt-coated the final assembly can begin. I'll also need to apply the exhaust staining to the tail once the matt coat is on as I'll use pastels for that.

Apologies for the lighting - it's not the best in this room. Finished photos will be taken outside where the light's better!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Been a while since my last update. Managed to get the Tornado home last week in its box in my backpack under the seat in front of me on two flights from work to home. I put the gear on with a bit of mucking about and found the nose full of lead wasn't needed at all! Oh, well; fitted it with the weight anyway as it's glued in there!

The observant among you will notice I managed to add the antennae on the spine which I robbed from the Airfix kit.

file.php?id=18703&sid=c9e3769f983feede93

file.php?id=18702&sid=c9e3769f983feede93

I wanted to get the thing finished before we left on holidays but I had to go to a concert with my daughter, which chewed up all of Saturday, so the canopy and pylons will need to wait until the next trip home in July. I did manage to get the TIALD pod on, though.

y4m8mSypCl0zFIfGAqbZiOHj8EtNdagTBlykj7Jc

The lighting is rubbish as I did it inside with the lovely energy-saving globes we have!

I'm not happy with the contrast between the nose cone and the fuselage colouring which I think is the result of missing a matt recoat of Future. I'll redo the lot later. I also need to add some more antennae and the Master AoA probes on the forward fuselage and add some black outlines to the lower RADALT(?) antenna under the nose. I think I'll add brake lines to the main gear as well as they look to be noticeably missing as they are.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...