Battle of Britain duo.

20 hours ago, modelman182 said:

Nice work, Steve.

I found myself with a similar desire for that pair, but decided to jump forward one year and make an in-flight dio. To that end I grabbed an Eduard 109E-3 and a Revell Spitfire Mk.IIa - both in 32nd scale - and a couple of pilot figures (Aerobonus for the Spit and PJ Productions for the 109). Not made a start on it yet, but shall follow your pair with interest.

Cheers

Kev

The Revell 1/32 Spitfire is on the to do list too Kev, in the middle of Trumpeter's 1/32 Tomahawk RAF version at the mo.

Morning folk's,good progress made over the last week,both are upon their legs and decals applied.

31178127278_dbb85d57cd_b.jpg

And a wash ran into the panel's,I'm going to apply some exhaust staining with the airbrush(after a practice).

31178146818_8df0d92bbf_b.jpg

44139488965_099f8b878c_b.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk's,this new airbrush now I'm getting used to it is allowing me to push myself beyond the cleaner look most will know my build's 

take on,post shading and exhaust/gun staining is now possible after practice.both kit's now have a wash and matt coat which have really

brought the finish together nicely.

45265998701_452ed93fc2_b.jpg

44543956984_128acd74b2_b.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk's,got a few project's on the go right now and these two have took a back seat for a week or two but time to move on.Canopy painting time

usual freehand with a brush and clean up with a cocktail stick,the 109 first after fixing in place I ran a thin wash over the detailing so just the wiring

to add and she's done.

30608588087_0109c8dd4c_b.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Courageous said:

Both looking really neat. :yes:

Stuart

Thank's Stuart,by the way I've just started a 1/144 U-boat so may need to pick your brain's over colours,I  know  nowt about these thing's!

6 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

by the way I've just started a 1/144 U-boat so may need to pick your brain's over colours,I  know  nowt about these thing's!

I don't think I'll be of any use with U-boot colours, strictly British subs (at the moment anyway).

Stuart

• Like 1

Those two are coming along very well. 

Who is the spites pilot? The reason I ask is I hope to do a double build of Alan Deere and Johnny Allen's spitfires with the Miles Master or it might be a Special Hobby Miles Magister as I doubt I can find the Master in 1/48.

I need to find out what Johnny Allen's Spitfire would be.

Also what paint did you use for the Bf 109 pale RLM 65? I used Mr Hobby at first and found it too dark and went back to the old Tamiya one.

Yours looks a little different. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Those two are coming along very well. 

Who is the spites pilot? The reason I ask is I hope to do a double build of Alan Deere and Johnny Allen's spitfires with the Miles Master or it might be a Special Hobby Miles Magister as I doubt I can find the Master in 1/48.

I need to find out what Johnny Allen's Spitfire would be.

Also what paint did you use for the Bf 109 pale RLM 65? I used Mr Hobby at first and found it too dark and went back to the old Tamiya one.

Yours looks a little different. 

Many thank's Greg,I bought mr Hobby for this one but didn't think it looked right so I used Tamiya pale blue  with  just a touch of sky gray,not sure about

the Spitfire's pilot I know Geoffrey Wellum mentioned in his book he managed to be  partnered with QJ-G!

Edited by stevej60

12 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Many thank's Greg,I bought mr Hobby for this one but didn't think it looked right so I used Tamiya pale blue  with  just a touch of sky gray,not sure about

the Spitfire's pilot I know Geoffrey Wellum mentioned in his book he managed to be  partnered with QJ-G!

Looks like you had the same experience with the Mr hobby blue. I will say that the Mr Hobby pale blue looks good to me on the bigger bombers and my Stukas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon folk's,happy to say finished this pair over the last day or so should get both in RFI tonight for more picture's.Thank's for taking an interest

and popping in along the way.

45025989504_25a0424cf5_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4