REVELL GLUE

:facepalm:Hello, folks can anyone recommend a fix for the Revell glue? The type with the very accurate self clogging steel tube? Any ideas how to keep the tube clear? It's driving me nuts.😡

I hit mine with a lighter or match.

De-clogs in seconds !!

The usual warnings regarding flammable materials and naked flames apply, but if you're quick, it's not dangerous.

Rog

Oh, and put the cap back on after use.............

Edited by roginoz

ok burn and fuse wire. Got it. thanks chaps.

While were on the subject of fixes, I inadvertently  left masking tape on a pre assembly test. on removal I have discovered a sticky residue that's stuck to the plastic. What the best thing to remove the residue glue? thanks.

Proper Lighter fluid is brilliant for removing all sorts of adhesive residue from tape or stickers, also cleans off permanent marker or biro ink.  It’s v light and volatile so generally benign on the surface being cleaned, however it’s mainly naphtha which is the proper solvent for some enamel paints so needs care of cleaning up those paints.  Obviously don’t smoke or burn off your Revell Contacta tube while using it!

For numerous years I have found, just as many others have on this post, a piece of wire that fits inside the nozel……….its about an inch long and the end is bent over about 45 degrees, makes it easy to pick up and place in the tube.  Had the same piece of wire for about 20 years...……..tube rarely gets blocked as the wire is usually always in the tube.  Far easier than looking for a lighter, risking the tube getting too hot and melting the mounting hole......as a none smoker, a lighter is out of the question, it would take me ages to look for a light, make my way back to the workbench and light the tube up...………..far easier to have a piece of wire always at hand, theres always some around...……….

• Like 1

Definitely the thin wire for unblocking the Revell glue.

11 minutes ago, rayprit said:

far easier to have a piece of wire always at hand, theres always some around...……….

A spool of thin wire is one of those workbench oddities that come in handy for all sorts of uses from unblocking glue, applying cyanoacrylate, applying a dot of paint and even wrapped round a model to hold things in place. Lighter fluid is also a workbench staple, useful for all sorts, cleaning, thinning, making washes etc.

Mart

• Like 1