F-14A 1/48 exhausts switcharoo?

whiskey

Looking for more info based on a conversation at ARC. If the Academy kit nozzles fit onto the Monogram burner cans for the F-14A, would it be too far of a stretch to assume that the Aires set for Academy would fit the Monogram as well? Another ARC member figured out how to work it using the kit parts so I'm curious if any resin parts would work too.

Hello Whiskey ... Having built both in 1/48th, Admittedly a number of years apart. I suspected when building the Academy kit that it was a clone of the monogram kit. The fuselage seams were identical from memory and the wings were also identical. I suspect Academy cloned and improved the monogram kit. They did so by upgrading detail in certain aspects. If memory serves they seem to clone kits and improve them or did once upon a time. 

Dennis

Hmmmm interesting. I do have a an Academy F-14A+D sprue laying around so I'll have a look see at what fits and what doesn't. 

The question still stands though if the Aires exhausts labeled for ththe Academt kit would fit on the Monogram. I heard that Aires has a tendency to only produce one copy of an item and rebox it for another different kit.