Microsoft Edge crashing in the post editor

Hi folks,

I'm seeing a frequent problem with MS Edge/Windows 10, which has otherwise been working really well with Britmodeller for aaages.

When I reply to a topic, quite often the cursor keys will stop working in the text editor, and usually this is followed by the page's tab "crashing" and reloading a few seconds later. I thought at first it was maybe when it was trying to insert an emoji because I'd typed e.g. a close parenthesis, but it seems to be less specific than that.

I've cleared my cache and cookies, any other suggestions? I'd prefer not to change browser if I can help it.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

Bare in mind that I know more about neurosurgery than I do about computers, but the man who looks after our computers (h is a professional), said that he wouldn't touch Edge with a barge pole. Not my words, his. I'm clueless.

One thing that I do know though. I used to access BM via Internet Explorer and Google, then one day I found that if I wanted to quote what someone had said in a thread, I couldn't. The little "Quote Selection" drop down box wouldn't appear. The only way around it for me was to access BM using Chrome. It works fine now. I still use Explorer/Google for other sites, just not BM.

John.

It seems to be behaving again, maybe a bug that got patched as I did get some stuff from Windows update yesterday.

FWIW I don't get the dislike of Edge, it's fast, has a good touch interface, supports HTML5 well and doesn't keep trying to talk me into logging in like Chrome does :) I guess IE may have salted the ground for some people!

Will