Wairarapa Airshow.

Paul J

Bummer!!!!   Just noticed an ad in current Aeroplane Monthly of an airshow at the above mentioned while I am over in NZ next year. AND,, it falls on my birthday too!!! Yay!!!!  BUT here come s the downer... I'll be in Auckland at the time  and its a 9 hour drive back down to Masterton. Somehow I don't think it'll wash with the other half... drat.  However we do pass through there on the way up about four days before the event so I may get a visit in.

Among the participants of Great War types and WW2 types the current RNZAF is appearing with a team I didn't know about; The Black Falcons flying the Pilatus, I think it is or could be the Beech Texan II. Nice.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 1:06 AM, Paul J said:

Bummer!!!!   Just noticed an ad in current Aeroplane Monthly of an airshow at the above mentioned while I am over in NZ next year. AND,, it falls on my birthday too!!! Yay!!!!  BUT here come s the downer... I'll be in Auckland at the time  and its a 9 hour drive back down to Masterton. Somehow I don't think it'll wash with the other half... drat.  However we do pass through there on the way up about four days before the event so I may get a visit in.

Among the participants of Great War types and WW2 types the current RNZAF is appearing with a team I didn't know about; The Black Falcons flying the Pilatus, I think it is or could be the Beech Texan II. Nice.

Hi Paul,

The Black Falcons, is the new (ish) name for the RNZAF Display Team, replacing

the Red Checkers, using the new Texan II as their mounts. The new Texan II's

are wearing a black  scheme hence name.

Face Book link for you

RNZAF Black Falcons FB page

The RNZAF has a had a few team names over the years, "Red Checkers" inclusive

One for you, RNZAF Jetobatics probably circa 1955-59  instead of 1964

RNZAF Jetobatics

Regards

Alan