Airfix 1:72 BAE Hawk T.Mk.1A

Hi all, just finished this and will mount it to something eventually. Quite a lot im not overly happy with, not the kit itself but my modelling skills but hey, im still learning. Oob build apart from the aftermaket pitot. All critisizm and feedback more than welcome.

151 Fighter Squadron RAF Chivenor, Devon, July 83

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely stunning! I'm on my 8th Chivenor Hawk and I don't have any even a quarter that good!!!!

I've just started the same one and 2 things of note, the air intake instructions are still wrong even after all these years and XX353 was a very odd choice as it was written off in 1983 so never became a T.1A!!!! All those others they could have chosen 🤣 

Beautiful build though, can't believe how good the canopy alone looks, very jealous!!!

10 minutes ago, jonf45 said:

Beautiful build though, can't believe how good the canopy alone looks, very jealous!!!

Haha, and thats one of the things Im not best pleased with Jonf45, but thanks for the comments. I did have an issue fitting those intakes and had to use a bit of correction fluid to fill the gaps, I wasnt aware the instructions were wrong until now, I thought it was just a dodgy fit. You live and learn.

1 hour ago, spruecutter said:

Yes, very nice job with the canopy sealing. The colour looks just right - what did you use?

For the seal I used Tamiya XF1 flat white with a touch of XF55 deck tan if I remember correctly.