As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

DennisTheBear

Kovozávody Prostějov Nr.4 - 1/72 MiG-19

Dear BMers, I picked up the old KP 1/72 MiG-19 (Nr.4) last year, and recently bought some Print Scale decals to replace the old ones in the box.

The problem I have is that I don't know which mark of MiG-19 it is. Can I use the kit to represent the Chinese J6 or Pakistani F6? Or an East German one? Or the Indonesian one on the decal sheet?

It is a relatively simple kit, but I'd really like to use the DDR markings for variety. Any advice welcome (except to junk the kit, I love old kits).

DennisTheBear

Yes, it's an old, but nice kit.

Here is my once out of the box:

Shenyang F-6 (MiG-19 SF)

It's a Shenyang F-6 (Mig-19 SF)

All german Mig's are in silver.

Some more information here:

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/f/13/5/0

The blue and red one are for acrobatics, not used, they crashed before the event was happen.

Zhe camouflaged jets are only gate guards.

modelldoc

It's the main production variant, known in WarPac countries as MiG-19S and as Shenyang J-6/F-6 in China and her product recipients.

Cheers

Michael

17 hours ago, KRK4m said:

It's the main production variant, known in WarPac countries as MiG-19S and as Shenyang J-6/F-6 in China and her product recipients.

Cheers

Michael

Michael,

Think we will ever see the Mig-19 that Trumpeter announced eons ago as a future release; and, if so, which version/s? I would love to do a Pakistani example in the two-tone grey camouflage!

Mike

18 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Michael,

Think we will ever see the Mig-19 that Trumpeter announced eons ago as a future release; and, if so, which version/s? I would love to do a Pakistani example in the two-tone grey camouflage!

Mike

Trumpeter have made a step in the right direction with their 1:72 Q-5 Fantan, which is an attack aircraft made from many MiG-19 components.