Kovozávody Prostějov Nr.4 - 1/72 MiG-19

DennisTheBear

Dear BMers, I picked up the old KP 1/72 MiG-19 (Nr.4) last year, and recently bought some Print Scale decals to replace the old ones in the box.

The problem I have is that I don't know which mark of MiG-19 it is. Can I use the kit to represent the Chinese J6 or Pakistani F6? Or an East German one? Or the Indonesian one on the decal sheet?

It is a relatively simple kit, but I'd really like to use the DDR markings for variety. Any advice welcome (except to junk the kit, I love old kits).

DennisTheBear

Yes, it's an old, but nice kit.

Here is my once out of the box:

Shenyang F-6 (MiG-19 SF)

It's a Shenyang F-6 (Mig-19 SF)

All german Mig's are in silver.

Some more information here:

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/f/13/5/0

The blue and red one are for acrobatics, not used, they crashed before the event was happen.

Zhe camouflaged jets are only gate guards.

modelldoc

• Like 2

It's the main production variant, known in WarPac countries as MiG-19S and as Shenyang J-6/F-6 in China and her product recipients.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KRK4m said:

It's the main production variant, known in WarPac countries as MiG-19S and as Shenyang J-6/F-6 in China and her product recipients.

Cheers

Michael

Michael,

Think we will ever see the Mig-19 that Trumpeter announced eons ago as a future release; and, if so, which version/s? I would love to do a Pakistani example in the two-tone grey camouflage!

Mike

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Michael,

Think we will ever see the Mig-19 that Trumpeter announced eons ago as a future release; and, if so, which version/s? I would love to do a Pakistani example in the two-tone grey camouflage!

Mike

Trumpeter have made a step in the right direction with their 1:72 Q-5 Fantan, which is an attack aircraft made from many MiG-19 components.