This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Rob 1

New show! IPMS Keighley, W. Yorkshire - 23 Sep 2018

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:43, rockpopandchips said:

My box of plastic ready for tomorrow's show......

#IMPSKeighley #Keighleyplasticmodelclub

IMG_20180922_103420.jpg

HA HA - I saw your stuff at the end of the table - perfect for a closer look.  Very nice indeed and a good show - please pass on my congratulations to the rest of the organisers - I think you have hit on a winning formula.

Good show.

Kids haemorrhaged a fiver of mine on the tombola and won a box of Quality Street and book on Trench Warfare. Just what every 8 year old girl wants!

I got some bits off Flory's stall and a B-17 and Harrier GR9 for £18.

On the way home we popped into Bury Baths and found the coat that my lad had left under a seat on the balcony yesterday. 

So that makes me 4-0 up for the day.

Edited by Harry_the_Spider

I went to the show. A good venue and well supported. There were some nice models including some seen on here and it was nice to be able to put a name to a face. Not a huge amount of trade, but still found some useful modelling aids and a couple of kits. I thought this was a very good first effort and I hope it is repeated. 

44 minutes ago, Mr T said:

I went to the show. A good venue and well supported. There were some nice models including some seen on here and it was nice to be able to put a name to a face. Not a huge amount of trade, but still found some useful modelling aids and a couple of kits. I thought this was a very good first effort and I hope it is repeated. 

I agree - it was unusually well lit and there was plenty of free parking too.  More trade would always be nice - but it's now up to those who turned up to let other traders know this could be a good shout for next year.  I spoke to Halifax Modellers World who does a lot of the northern shows and he was impressed by the turnout.  Phil from Flory also said it was always worth the trek north as more people turn out and travel further to get to events 'up north'.  The signage into the show could have been a 'tad' better - but that is a constructive comment.  The only negative from the whole thing was a young lad on a traders stand that had plonked himself on a chair - blocking the route to half the stock on the stand and he was moaning about having to pack up and it was only noon at that point.  I'm giving nothing away as anyone under fifty is a 'young lad' to me ;)

A Grand Day Out as Wallace might say... :goodjob:

Just got back from Keighley and would like to say a big thank you to the organisers for a well planned and above all friendly show.  The venue itself was very well placed.  Easy to find off the local A roads, and we found the signage adequate and helpful.  Entry was easy and well controlled.  The layout was good with ease of access throughout and above all, the lighting was perfect for displaying and also for rummaging around the traders' stands.  The number of exhibitors was high and the level of skill on display was fantastic.  On a personal note, I thought that a few more traders might have been nice, but I can understand that gaining interest for a brand new show can be difficult, so full marks to the organisers for providing a nice range of traders.  I hope that word of mouth will now kick in and next year will be even better.  The catering was spot on and prices were very reasonable with all the relevant staples for modellers (bacon butties) being available from an early set up.  I did not see anything which could be marked as a "could do better" and am glad to say we would like to attend again next year. The wallet didn't take too much of a battering, but I did manage to score a couple of Airfix 48th Gnats which I now have to get ready for Telford.

Once again, Thank you, and well done!

Just a quick thank you to the organisers, the traders and the clubs for a great, enjoyable show, well done on your first show and I look forward to returning next year.

Cheers Dave.

Edited by DWC1968
Spelling

2 minutes ago, depressed lemur said:

Just got back from Keighley and would like to say a big thank you to the organisers for a well planned and above all friendly show.  The venue itself was very well placed.  Easy to find off the local A roads, and we found the signage adequate and helpful.  Entry was easy and well controlled.  The layout was good with ease of access throughout and above all, the lighting was perfect for displaying and also for rummaging around the traders' stands.  The number of exhibitors was high and the level of skill on display was fantastic.  On a personal note, I thought that a few more traders might have been nice, but I can understand that gaining interest for a brand new show can be difficult, so full marks to the organisers for providing a nice range of traders.  I hope that word of mouth will now kick in and next year will be even better.  The catering was spot on and prices were very reasonable with all the relevant staples for modellers (bacon butties) being available from an early set up.  I did not see anything which could be marked as a "could do better" and am glad to say we would like to attend again next year. The wallet didn't take too much of a battering, but I did manage to score a couple of Airfix 48th Gnats which I now have to get ready for Telford.

Once again, Thank you, and well done!

A very positive review for what was a very positive show - I missed the bacon butties though :doh:

On behalf of the club thanks all, so much for the fantastic feedback, I will pass it on to the guys who put in all the hard work. 

As my first IPMS show it really was an eye-opener and an amazing day out, I have never seen so may amazing kits in one place, congratulations to the competition winners especially the kids, there faces were something else. 

Only managed to pick up the Keighley club Eddie Findlay trophy on my first outing for my Flying boat, to say I was shocked is an understatement, only been with the club for a month...... Cheers guys. 

The club is keen to put the show again next year and is already taking bookings....... Book this time next year folks it's going to be great. 

Never thought I would see a trophy in my house. 

IMG_20180923_191626.jpg

Excellent show today - all went well considering they were hosting the first edition for this club; it's a great venue, and a very friendly show all round!

Here's a small selection of photos, with a number from the many excellent entries in competition area:

0HM9QZO.jpg

PlqXIYp.jpg

2tobhq8.jpg

2FswFY0.jpg

Nv4KWud.jpg

eKgwpn7.jpg

kLN2Y9h.jpg

EegVFeI.jpg

po0AZxz.jpg

CHnZukY.jpg

JWxDC4k.jpg

6h6X5Zu.jpg

PTOSZRT.jpg

wxZ8zCI.jpg

01j9zNm.jpg

qdgWzTh.jpg

i7IDol1.jpg

FckeoJW.jpg

tJS4I8m.jpg

m1tCLsr.jpg

d46dv3O.jpg

Edited by Rob 1

Thanks again for the invite, it was a pleasure to attend. I would like to congratulate you all on your first show and hopefully the first of many. On behalf of Washington Model Club, thanks a million, we would love to return next year and if more space is available, we would take it 👍👍👍

Great first attempt, loads of positives. The  Manchester Angels spent loads on the tombola got a few kits and loads of chocolate. Hee hee. Good day out, lets do it all again!

I did forget to mention I got a 'bit of a bargain'.  I am fancying the 75th Anniversary D-Day GB for next year and bagged this on impulse...

DAKOTA1.jpg

Three different traders had it on show - mostly for £25 - but I nabbed this one for...

DAKOTA2.jpg

woohoo as they say.  The box was open but the bag was sealed inside so I'm a bit pleased and will pop it in the stash cupboard.

Congratulations to the hosts on their first one.

We were well looked after and had a great time venue was excellent and the catering was as well

Congratulations to BEEKAY on his first and second in the competition!

Cheers

Keith

Thanks to everyone who helped in this, the newest show on the circuit.

Special thanks for the invite, and for all the hard work that took place, you all did a superlative job! :goodjob:

North Riding and the Coastal Command SIG are looking forward to next years :thumbsup:

Paul

It looks like the show was a well deserved success.

Rob 1, thanks  for posting your photo of the WW1 soldier followed by the grim reaper. I've seen this - I think - at every SMW since 2016, and it really does send shivers up the spine. it is an extremely atmospheric and poignant vignette, and it's nice to see a decent photo of it, compared to the poor one I've taken of it.

Edited by Whofan

As a member of the Keighley club.

Thanks to all who attended. I think i can say it exceed our expectations and that's  because of the support we got.

Cheers people.

1 hour ago, James McGrath said:

As a member of the Keighley club.

Thanks to all who attended. I think i can say it exceed our expectations and that's  because of the support we got.

Cheers people.

Very happy to support you guys - great show - well done.