F-35

colin

On 10/13/2018 at 12:11 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

It may be real but the finish on it gives me thoughts that the photo is cgi ? The finish doesn't seem right compared to other images I’ve seen. 

Another angle...

turkey-will-meet-needs-elsewhere-if-us-d

The F-35's coating(s) play tricks with the light for fun!

• Like 2

A huge amount of part's for the F-35 are already produced in Turkey personally I hope thing's are resolved and Turkey remain's an integral part

of NATO and I'm sure the American's will be very happy to have a look at the Russian air defence system when it's delivered I appreciate the

Russian defence industry need's to compete globally but to give your percieved opponent such a system seem's  a strange way of rubbing the

American's noses in it.

I think RT reported KSA was also negotiating a purchase of S-400. This could be false, but if not, Turkey's cooperation would be irrelevant. During clashes of cold war downgraded and limited capability versions of Soviet weapon systems had been used against mostly first class US military hardware. Situation seems to be reversed these days. Also, smooth delivery of latest weapons opposite to US obstructiveness benefits Russia in other ways than just financial. Cheers

Jure

Edited by Jure Miljevic
KSU corrected to KSA

On 08/10/2018 at 20:18, Seahawk said:

And that's without considering helicopters.  From reading crew reminiscences, it sounds as if the Whirlwind HAS.7 was a deathtrap that only young men with a strong sense of their own immortality would fly in.  I recall a story of a pilot, required to do a hot and high insertion somewhere in the Arabian peninsula, who calculated that he could take one soldier but not his rifle and kit.

Very similar to Lynx in Afghanistan, 2 of us at night with bergans, weapons and some bits and bobs.