Golden Hind

This model of the Golden Hind in the 1/72 scale is from Rewell. Sails made at home, flags from a friend of Elkan. I bought the pulleys and cannons in the "Radekshipmodel" (it's a unique ship and accessories company). Wood imitation is made with Tamiya acrylic paints and Umton oil paint wiping method. The sea level was made from toilet paper and painted with acrylic spray on cars. The frame for the model was made by a brother-in-law joiner.
How do you like it ?

DSC04917.jpg?ver=0DSC04920.jpg?ver=0DSC04922.jpg?ver=0DSC04924.jpg?ver=0DSC04928.jpg?ver=0DSC04930.jpg?ver=0DSC04931.jpg?ver=0DSC04939.jpg?ver=0DSC04941.jpg?ver=0DSC04943.jpg?ver=0

• Like 39

It looks absolutely fantastic... brilliant job! My only worry is that it's a "ghost ship", sailing proudly through the rolling ocean with no one on board!

I think you need some of these guys:

RB72081_600.jpg

https://shop.1-72depot.com/miniatures/1-72/figures/red-box/red-box-72081-english-sailors-16-17-century/

best,

M.

• Like 4

I like that.  I like that a lot.  Especially the wood effect on the hull. So forgive my ignorance, what is the Umton oil paint wiping method?  I've just done a quick Google search and apart from one result which came up in Polish, none of the links seemed to be modelling related but oil on canvas.

Edited by Chewbacca

FOR CHewbacca:

My Wood Imitation Instruction:
1) after the hull composition and grinding of the ship's hull, I spray the base gray acrylic color tamiya. The shade does not matter, but the lighter is better. Leave the color one day to dry

2) I mix a shade of wood from the brown, yellow, white (all acrylic) tamiya. It depends on you what shade you mix, darker or lighter. Stir or brush with a mixed paint and let it dry for two days

3) now come in a row of oil paint. You can use what brand you want, but I have the best tested Umton. I dilute the petrol into the "ZIPPO" cigarette lighter. The procedure is as follows: I squeeze a bit of color on the plastic plate and put some fuel into the crucible. I slightly dip a bigger brush into it and I dab a little bit of color on the plate. Then I put it on the hull of the ship and immediately wipe it with a paper handkerchief. I use a shadowed, shiny, yellow, and sometimes a bit black shadow. He wants to try and try, you will see.

I hope you understand the instructions, I use the compiler.

• Like 1

That mate is absolutely superb! You should be very pleased with yourself--I especially love the sails and you've done a brilliant job on the sea and a well- 🤔toilet paper-what a great idea- well done! 😁👏🏽👍🏽

• 1 month later...