Tamiya IDF Tiran 5 dozer blade

Hi all

Here´s my rendition of an Israeli Tiran 5. I was inspired by Adam O`Brians superb Tiran in AFV 37, so I wanted to do a rather "used" one. Apart from the kit I used Verlindens dozer blade set, fruil tracks and Eduards exterior set and more.

Most of us know how tricky it is to get the "correct" colour for IDF vehicles, but I finally landed in using a mix of Gunze H402 + H79 + flat white in different proportions. I also used oils to break up the base colour(s) even more. I didn't have a specific time period in mind. For the dozer blade, which was a first, I used Model Master "Exhaust" followed by a Gunze´s flat varnish.  then airbrushed Lifecolors "light Rust" and "Rust" and to complete the first round I applied Mig´s "Gun Metal" in some areas of the blade to get a shine followed by a wash of WS and Mig´s "Middel East Dust". For overall weathering and chipping, apart from the media used on the dozer blade, I used Derwent artist pencils (black + silver), a wash of WS and Burnt Sienna which I found especially useful for the areas around the hatches plus Mig´s "chipping" colour.

Anyway, thanks for reading this long and I hope you enjoy the pics 🙂

Cheers

Göran

42203769090_59a9600897_o.jpg

43106810825_b5d37ca102_o.jpg

43106813465_78a1042de6_o.jpg

42203773010_aef5fcb6dd_o.jpg

• Like 41

Goran, that is absolutely superb. I've got the same magazine article, and yes, it was brilliant. You've made a lovely job of it and it's encouraged me to finish my Tiran 5. Nice one.

John.

Again, thanks for the kind comments 🙂  Rob, glad that you like the photos themselves, since I put some effort in them,  to "bring out the beastly nature" of the Tiran. In case somebody is interested the background i several black t-shirts draped around pc-screen and the tower of the desktop.

Cheers

Göran

Wow !, I do not exaggerate when saying that it is the best representation of the Tiran that I have never seen, it is superb in its whole, because it looks like a real vehicle. With those improvements that you added is the icing on the cake ...:goodjob:

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

I have no wish to bump this thread just for the sake of it, but I feel that not saying thanks for the recent kind comments would be rather impolite. So again thanks gents. I'm pleased that you like the result :)

Cheers

Göran

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2018 at 7:11 PM, Göran said:

Hi all

Here´s my rendition of an Israeli Tiran 5. I was inspired by Adam O`Brians superb Tiran in AFV 37, so I wanted to do a rather "used" one. Apart from the kit I used Verlindens dozer blade set, fruil tracks and Eduards exterior set and more.

Most of us know how tricky it is to get the "correct" colour for IDF vehicles, but I finally landed in using a mix of Gunze H402 + H79 + flat white in different proportions. I also used oils to break up the base colour(s) even more. I didn't have a specific time period in mind. For the dozer blade, which was a first, I used Model Master "Exhaust" followed by a Gunze´s flat varnish.  then airbrushed Lifecolors "light Rust" and "Rust" and to complete the first round I applied Mig´s "Gun Metal" in some areas of the blade to get a shine followed by a wash of WS and Mig´s "Middel East Dust". For overall weathering and chipping, apart from the media used on the dozer blade, I used Derwent artist pencils (black + silver), a wash of WS and Burnt Sienna which I found especially useful for the areas around the hatches plus Mig´s "chipping" colour.

Cheers

Göran

On 8/13/2018 at 7:11 PM, Göran said:

Hi all

Cheers

Göran

Super work and super reference 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 9:31 AM, nathanyel said:

hi,

amazing build

would you happen to have images of the building stages please?!

pm sent

thank you for sharing

Sorry for late reply but I only check out the "Rumourmonger" section on a daily basis and I presumed the Tiran was archived so to speak. I might have some pics from the build. Is there anything of special interest to you so I don´t waste bandwidth unncesseraily (sp?)

Anyway thanks yet again for the positive feedback :)

Cheers

Göran