'Twin Pin'

Not a new build or finisher but one I did some years ago Magna kit. I built this as a review sample for SAMI. Some of you my have or recall it.  Any wayI repaired this a short while ago and while I was having a clear out today I took these pics to fill in time. Enjoy...

x2ZpXG.jpg

eg4HJS.jpg

ip4qOq.jpg

XmjEia.jpg

Y125J5.jpg

penrbz.jpg

IzXNnM.jpg

I was thinking about giving it a repaint in to the sand / brown scheme some time. I think I still have the instructions and diagrams for it somewhere.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Nice....looks good...I know the kit and considering what u get in it......outstanding finish

still eagerly waiting for Airfix or someone else to get us one in main stream media....a forgotten classic

rgds

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I have one in the stash. How did you get on with it?

Its a Magna kit. Love 'em or hate 'em' ones task is not too easy with chunks of waste to be removed to get to the basic part.  Overrall though, once all the parts are cleaned up its OK. The decals could be better; they  are in register but don't stick too well. You may notice I have lost a serial number on starboard rear. And part of the fin flash has flaked off, The cockpit clear part wasn't very clear. Wasn't too concerned as the vac part needed blending with the rest and to finish I painted it a very dark grey and then dealt with the frames after. It takes on a solid model appearance but looks OK. The cockpit interior has all the furniture but is crude.

• Thanks 1

Looks great. 

I had a flight in Air Atlantique’s Raspberry Ripple schemed aircraft many years ago. An interesting experience!

Pete

Edited by Buzby061

Yowzah! Very, very nice build, Paul! I have the George Elliot vacform, which looks very nice, but haven't worked up the nerve to start it. I agree with ToT about the walkways- bet those were fun! I always thought the Twin Pin was a handsome beast.

Mike