1/48 F-86F-40 Sabre, 338 Sqn

Hi folks,

Here are a few pictures of my F-84-F40 Sabre from 338 Sqn, RNoAF Ørland, in 1963.

oKL61c7Sir2RAtBBREXfjVECgCsOhLiukJgYTICe

I used the Revell Canadair Sabre Mk.6 kit and added some extras, including a Martin Baker seat (from Eduard's F-8 Crusader)

aUKC2wZjWQWyKXxbLH0A2Fq5nBR_SHpauVbRP1Xv

I also used KASL Hobby's slats and flaps together with wheels from Eduard. 

szjxREOSCcFmOYP7gZsQI5FDCGBaMKu8o0iTcbQU

The very nice and thin decals are from Norwegian Vingtor.

bGFqC0dkCE7NmkH8Q5o9yX2o_-0YZHLs4IsJZHZx

She is painted with Alclad2 and Gunze, and weathered with Ammo of Mig products.

gwcLwmYuA79zcH_R8-q2DmtCnA_tDSfcpIauXUvM

It was just a pleasant build all the way 🙂

Ku3qqNWmi97nrHYAhLwugn46gnOlNEYGIu1Y654V

Thank's for looking, I hope you liked it 🙂

Cheers!

//Fred

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

Superb Sabre!

Stupendous paint job!

Congrats!!!

JR

• Like 1

Very nice indeed,...... love the scheme too. I didn`t know that F-86`s could carry two drop tanks per wing, which is new to me!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Fred,

That is one awesome Sabre! One of the very best natural metal finishes I have seen in a while, and I think you got the multi-toned panels that are a characteristic of the Sabre spot-on! Can't have too many slatted-wing F-86's! Well done, sir!

Mike

• Like 1

Congrats for this really great Sabre ! Very nice NMF and happy to know that Vingtor decals are so good to use. I have some for a norwaygian  F-84G

Thank you for the information about Kasl slats ! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice indeed,...... love the scheme too. I didn`t know that F-86`s could carry two drop tanks per wing, which is new to me!

Cheers

Tony

Thnx! Actually it was new to me as well and it took a while to figure out how the inner tanks were attached to the wings. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 2:32 AM, JeffreyK said:

Wow, that's nice! Beautifully built , well integrated slats and a very nice NMF.

But please, a note to all F-86 builders: the speed brakes an ALL F-86's, any marks or variants, look like this when open:

2008_0508duxford-10005.jpg

Thank you for the comment and the attachment. Just love this site, so much knowledge. I will keep

it in mind for the next build.

10 hours ago, loloskymaster said:

Congrats for this really great Sabre ! Very nice NMF and happy to know that Vingtor decals are so good to use. I have some for a norwaygian  F-84G

Thank you for the information about Kasl slats ! 

The Vingtor decals are very thin and crisp, just the way I like them. They only need a few seconds in luke warm water so work with one at the time. I used only a tad of softener. Just keep in mind that there are a lot of ‘2’ and ‘3’ in some serials if you choose to build a plane from your own references.

The KASL resin is very nice detailed and without bubbles. It is a bit tricky to keep the right shape on the plastic wing to get the perfect fit with the resin part. Nothing a little patience fixes though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vingtor said:

Very nice model, Fred! I am very happy to see Vingtor Decals used on a model of such high standard.

Nils

Thank you Nils, Tøffe Tom would not have been built if it was not for your excellent work. Keep it up👍