something a little different "lego" Ferrari 312

cati

Dear all,

While awaiting Messrs DeAgostini to finish with deliveries of my porsche and absorbing all of Roy's Porsche building tips on their forum I thought i would give this a go..   It is made by  Xing Bao, a chinese company that makes Lego copies. This design is by an italian gent who goes by the handle of RoscoePC..... followers of Daisy, Bo and Luke will get it. 

When not obsessed by Dodge Bothering he is an exceptional designer of large scale Lego Formula 1 cars....  You name it he has a lego version of the most icon cars of the past twenty years.. for lego they are pretty details with the occasional liberty taken in the name of blockiness 

My nearest and dearest sorted out delivery of this Ferrari and the Dan Gurney - Eagle Weslake for my recent birthday. The cars are huge and both came for a very reasonable 110 pounds delivered to my door from china. 

So on with some build pics 

The start. the rear suspension and engine sump with the seperentine exhausts 

4ePNvJF7.jpg

NQIuckCN.jpg

Typical lego crank, but an atypical flat 12 boxer config 

ZsTNFa6V.jpg

The flat twelve cylinder complete 

uY86l5Rq.jpg 

The gear box and open diff attached 

NuHbS8G0.jpg

Front end coming together 

IcsXTny3.jpg

The fruit of an evenings labour front and rear joined with the floor pan starting to come together 

zkbCZ4Hn.jpg

Edited by cati
  • Like 3

so day 2 on the build starting to get the monocoque built up... i know this is the normal for brit modeller but the attention to detail on this design is fascinating. 

Kr7vVH5F.jpg

ySQsigZ3.jpg

• Like 1

So all nearly finished - second one I have built first was the Gurney Eagle Weslake v12 .. here they are side by side with an iPhone 6 for scale.. the Ferrari is going to get proper decals rather than the rubbish supplied

DVYrxY4J.jpg

7qi8Jbx5.jpg

joWSr2yD.jpg

UYZtFDfN.jpg

0Ar79Y6I.jpg

• Like 3