1:48 Harrier 500lb free fall bombs?

Inverted

Hi all,

i’m building a GR7 that operated in Herrick. ZD404 ‘Lucy’. The pilot who flew her wants  a payload which includes 500lb free fall (dumb) bombs on the outers. I’m struggling to find any modern 500lbers. Any ideas?

15 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Hi all,

i’m building a GR7 that operated in Herrick. ZD404 ‘Lucy’. The pilot who flew her wants  a payload which includes 500lb free fall (dumb) bombs on the outers. I’m struggling to find any modern 500lbers. Any ideas?

Try looking for 540lb bombs.  The  RAF standard bombs postwar were 1000lb and 540lb.

Selwyn

• Like 1

If it's a 500 lbs bomb, isn't that a Mk.82?

I know that such beasts were routinely included as part of the Hawk and Harrier weapons clearances.

4 minutes ago, Twobad said:

I know that such beasts were routinely included as part of the Hawk and Harrier weapons clearances.

No, I think they are different beast. 

The Airfix Buccaneer FAA boxing had 540lb bombs in it and possibly one of their other kits but can’t remember which one, Sea Vixen maybe?

I certainly have the Airfix S2B FAA boxing and gave the 540lb’ers away to someone some time ago.

Murray

On 8/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, Twobad said:

The British 540 Lb bomb is basically a 2/3 scale version of the British 1000lb bomb it had identical  low drag and high drag tails as the 1000lb bomb but  obviously smaller  (116 and 118 tails IIRC)

Just now, Selwyn said:

Edited by Selwyn

35 minutes ago, Harrier/ViperFan said:

Flightpath do a 1000lb iron bomb in resin that you could reshape to a 540lb?

Not really feasible i'm afraid, you couldn't scale down the tail unit.

Selwyn