Wonder Woman's Plane

Lovely job! Might try my hand at one of these though I really hope they re-release it in larger scale(1/48 maybe) - I just can't see these smaller scale models! 🤔🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great work, but I'm annoyed that there was no pilot! I could use a decent 1/72 female pilot not in a standard flight suit -- actually, I could use 3 of them, but one would do as a master. I do wish manufacturers would stop this bad habit of assuming that crew become invisible the instant they get into a cockpit. I mean, okay, you can see the cockpit detail, but it's not very realistic, is it, and Diana has always been the one part of the plane that was visible!

• Haha 1

I personally consider the after-market set essential to correct the numerous errors in the original kit. 

Its always disappointing when major kit manufacturers make so many research errors - especially in a subject as well documented as this.

• Haha 4

A further note about the finish:

Not many know that besides the paint Pete used -exquisitely applied, by the way- you may also use Citadel's "Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak" acrylic.

If you can't get that in your country/area a good substitute is Vallejo's "Frodo's ring-on effect" wash.

I know Pete that you like to keep your techniques and materials close to your chest, but I thought this could help some beginners. Sorry if I gave up too much.

I do not recommend Game Color "Cheshire Cat" paint, since no matter what you do, the intakes will show.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Moa said:

"Cheshire Cat" paint, since no matter what you do, the intakes will show.

That one smoldered for about half an hour before the quarter dropped down the chute!  As they say in Massachusetts, "Light dawns on Marblehead".  Well played, sir!

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, Avereda said:

Bit heavy on the weathering

Disappearing ink for the panel line wash? "Clearly" one of Uncle Pete's better builds!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
  • Haha 1

No, I'm sorry. That's rubbish. I have hundreds of photos of the real thing, taken from every conceivable angle and, after at least one bottle of wine, my cracked vari-focals, tape measure, protractor and red marker pen suggest, no undeniably PROVE, that the nose is AT LEAST one scale millimetre off. In both plan AND elevation. I'm sorry but this kit is TOTALLY unbuildable. I really don't understand why (a) so called 'modellers' INSIST on gluing together what is probably the worst kit EVER extruded and (b) try to pass it off as somehow representative of the real thing. Good God, I've seen more accurate P40s...

• Haha 3

Uncle Pete you have revealed a hidden talent for bringing forth the obscure kits that usually lie unremarked at the bottom of the stash or the back of the display cabinet, imperceptable to the non-modelling trained eye.:wicked:

Good work that man.

DennisThe(Thesaurus)Bear

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...