1/48 SPACE MODELS RESIN AIRCRAFT

wolfie

<REMOVED - MEMBERS AREN'T PERMITTED TO ADVERTISE PRODUCTS, AND NEW MEMBERS MUST HAVE 100 POSTS BEFORE USING THE CORRECT BUY/SELL AREA.  FAILURE TO HEED THIS WARNING WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION>

I've never tried a resin kit.... Is it a different build technique or just a different material?  (Just a casual question requiring just a casual answer... No need to go into detail.  48 is not my scale, I have space only for 1/72 on my shelves, but I figured since you have a whole attic full you'd probably know your resin from your elbow.)

Edited by Uncle Pete

On 8/10/2018 at 1:30 PM, Uncle Pete said:

I've never tried a resin kit.... Is it a different build technique or just a different material?  (Just a casual question requiring just a casual answer... No need to go into detail.  48 is not my scale, I have space only for 1/72 on my shelves, but I figured since you have a whole attic full you'd probably know your resin from your elbow.)

Also a different build technique. Resin required Supeglue  as normal plastic glue does not do the job...

Aldo a different kind of sanding and prefit check work is to be expected!

I'd recommend to use some aftermarkeit resin on ine of your kits to gsin experience before buying a full kit!

Search for review and feedback of sellers before you buy!

Just a general suggestion!

Edited by exdraken
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Resin required Supeglue

hmmmm.... Superglue is not usually my friend.  Would something like Bostik or Evo-Stik do the trick?  I'd guess epoxy would work but that has its own headaches, too.  I'm interested in having a crack at resin since I've been led to understand it gives a better model but not sure I want to climb another learning slope.  And does the paint stick as well as it does on polystyrene?  So far, I've not felt the need for the after-market details as my skills aren't really up to snuff... I almost break my arm patting myself on the back when I can get the seam down the middle of a fuze to vanish without messing up the panel lines!