Sherman from 1984 "Tank" movie - 1/35 - WIP

Artoor_K

I managed to get M4A3 parts without buying new kit. So after few surgeries early M4 looks like below. What I've done already:

-new wire handles

-horn above gun

-M4A3 engine deck and rear engine doors

-correct cast surface on divverential cover

-additional sockets for fuel cans on turret

-new rear plate with corrected angle of it

-torsion bar/counterbalanced hinges for engine doors

-late commander cuppola with single hatch

29780202327_18a011f6ab_c.jpgDSCN4919 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

29780195777_928e8118a9_c.jpgDSCN4920 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

43999010184_421334d60e_c.jpgDSCN4921 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

44667815652_eb4fc87d66_c.jpgDSCN4922 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

• Like 7

It looks like both film and museum tanks use the readily-available standard US jerrycan brackets (below).  You can just make it out in the images.  There is a strap over the top between the front and back slots.  Although quite why one would be mounted on the pistol port is odd: can't use the port.  All these tanks have the port rather than the "intermediate" plugged or omitted port.

These brackets are available in etched brass from a couple of people and in resin from TMD, who also do jerrycans mounted in the brackets with nice straps and cap chains.

OxT5m6z.jpg

12 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

It looks like both film and museum tanks use the readily-available standard US jerrycan brackets (below).  You can just make it out in the images.  There is a strap over the top between the front and back slots.  Although quite why one would be mounted on the pistol port is odd: can't use the port.  All these tanks have the port rather than the "intermediate" plugged or omitted port.

These brackets are available in etched brass from a couple of people and in resin from TMD, who also do jerrycans mounted in the brackets with nice straps and cap chains.

OxT5m6z.jpg

You have no idea how long i've searched for this! Mamy thanks! I couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe I've searched by wrong word. I'm going to try scratchbuilding them. Thanks once again!

Probably easier to scratchbuild around an actual jerrycan, using it as a former.  Thin brass sheet (annealed) or lead foil suggest themselves.  Maybe 5thou plastic card.  You won't be able to see the underside, so I wouldn't bother with that.  The strap usually went under the can handles.  The 4 bolt bosses at the back held it slightly away from the mounting surface.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...