This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Pete

Rod Stewart

When I saw this I decided not to hide my model building habit any more from my fellow musicians....

Rod Stewart

Good for him, and you! I know that musician, writer, and singer Neil Young owns, or did own, Lionel Trains. He bought the company as he has a son with a disability and it was something that the two of them could do together.

Joe

Eric Clapton also has built model planes. I can't remember if it was plastic or RC stuff.

Chris

Chris, had not heard that about him; it is interesting to know, and good. I have read that Sir Peter Jackson made movies so that he could start his model company(Wingnut Wings). Don't know if that is true(the money part).

Joe

10 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

Neil Young owns, or did own, Lionel Trains.

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Eric Clapton also has built model planes

Cool.... More reasons not to hide it under a bushel basket!  Actually, the first time I encountered RC planes (back when they were mostly slightly modified FF with a rudder control) they were owned by a singer.  And my dad, also a muso, introduced me to kits both plastic and flying when I was very young.  In fact, he got a train set "for me" that I don't even remember because I was only one year old at the time and by the time I was 4 we'd moved house and the train set went west.