So, AFV Club think that Zimmerit was applied by deer?

Kingsman

Every now and again an English translation spelling error raises a giggle.  In my simple mind anyway.  Like AFV Club's Zimmerit Applicator Doe ..........

I don't recall Cloven Hoof being one of the patterns...............

BifPkgc.jpg  YB38RMB.jpg

• Haha 1

Can't think what they mean, but it's a classic piece of Chinglish by the look of it.  The other is Japlish.  I'll never forget the painting advice on Tamiya's old M60A1: after painting you may like to weather your model - rub it as with a desert or a dog.

• Haha 4

I'm fairly certain that the misspelled word is 'die'. Given that they're right next to each other on the abomination that is the QWERTY keyboard, it's an easy mistake to make, especially if it was spellchecked by a non-native English reader. That said, they could call it a 'yak' if they liked, I wouldn't care- German armour, ick.

I think you'll find that AFV Club are Korean.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My two favourite translation funnies came from an engineering project that I worked on back in the early 1990s.  This was putting a factory into Armenia and the documentation we saw involved a fair amount of text that had originally be taken from English technical specifications, embodied in a Russian document and then translated back into English.

The first, and runner up to the top spot was

The room of the man that cannot see

This turned out to be referring to a aspect of the way the ICL System 25 computer organises its programs called a “Blind Partition”.

And the winner, and my absolute favourite

Water Goats

This had us really puzzled for some time before some bright spark realised it was referring to “Hydraulic Rams”.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1
  • Haha 6