1/48 Revell F2B Bristol Fighter

It's been quite a while since I finished an airplane & this one was put on the shelf for 10 months after the rigging started to become a chore rather than fun. Thankfully my modelling mojo returned at the weekend & I managed a final push to finish. This is by far the best Revell model I have built (yes, I know it is really an Eduard moulding). 

There is a WIP here, which shows most of the build, including my search for the right colour to use for the nose.

I didn't fit the supplied bombs underneath - I didn't think they'd look right.

Anyway, here are some pictures, including an arty one at the end - I've just got Photoshop & couldn't help myself!

Revell 1/48 F2B Bristol Fighter

Revell 1/48 F2B Bristol Fighter

1/48 Revell F2B Bristol Fighter

Revell 1/48 F2B Bristol FighterRevell 1/48 F2B Bristol FighterRevell 1/48 F2B Bristol FighterRevell 1/48 F2B Bristol FighterRevell 1/48 F2B Bristol FighterRevell 1/48 F2B Bristol Fighter

Thanks for looking

• Like 32

Fair play on finishing one: always the hard bit. I recall you started this one when I was doing my WNW Arab version and thought I'd missed the RFI! 

Looks very nice and congrats on that rigging: it was challenging in 1/32 so must be nigh-on impossible in 1/48 :phew:

Invidia - I'm sure yours will be much better

RMCS, PhilDaGreek, Stevej60, KevTheModeller, russ c, FatFlyHalf, Mikey-1980, Epeeman - thankyou for your kind words

Sabrejet & Gene K - the rigging was indeed a little fiddly (that may be a bit of an understatement). Bobs Buckles are definitely the way to go, and I did persevere with ez-line. Oh the problems using ez-line & the 1/48 eyelets, basically ez-line varies slightly in diameter on a reel, at it's thinnest it will just fit through an eyelet, but 9 times out of 10 it won't. I might try fine fishing line next time ( as recommended ) or even use 1/32 eyelets with ez-line. I will definitely use BB again - though I have a 1/24 Hurricane, a Vulcan & a Lunar module to build before I even think about another biplane.

Hmmm - I just thought about biplane..... There are more multiwing aircraft in my stash than anything else, and that Bristol Boxkite would look nice.....    Off on my hols on Sunday, so no modelling till September now.