Hunter F6 56 Squadron 1960 +++Finished+++

Nice progress regardless of the silver paint lifting. From what I've seen no two Hunter had identical camouflage patterns and this one looks fine to me.

• Thanks 1

Got it masked and sprayed today and took a couple of pics outside in the daylight

Quite happy with it, just a couple of bits of bleed to touch up :) 

20181003_120554_resized

20181003_120604_resized

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get back on it and do a little bit more this morning

Got the flaps, air brake and undercarriage attached this morning, must admit the u/c was a bit fiddly trying to get all the actuators and links attached, but I'm happy enough

Might get some decaling done later and a light weather to tone down the aluminium, but not too much as all the 56 squadron birds seemed quite clean and well cared for

Then just the aerials and other detail and easily broken off bits to attach, canopy, then clear cote, undecided whether satin or gloss as yet 🤔 Any thoughts as pics seem to vary

The end should be in sight this week hopefully :) 

20181021_143419_resized

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Col. said:

56 Sqn. only had Hunters for 5 years between the Swift and Lightning so I'd say keep it clean and fairly glossy.

Cheers for that Col.

That's pretty much what I was thinking looking at the 56 Squadron hunter pics that are on the web :) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hewy said:

That is going to be a smashing model, really nice job

Thanks Hewy

Must admit I'm pleased the way it's going together, cracking kit once you get the intakes done and out of the way

• Like 1

Underneath done with decals etc.

Top half tomorrow and , bit of light weathering and attach canopy and pitot tube then a gloss coat and hopefully call it done on Sunday :) 

20181026_213024_resized

20181026_213000_resized

44657696075_ee61284213_b.jpg&key=e43c43375008a0aa18d3e8c5725cefcd20bc50a7d210f41b255bdb9235f3b7ba

Edited by Redstaff
  • Like 4

Got a bit more done today after my 1 to 1 scale painting of the bathroom 😉

Got the main decals on the top and some of the stencils, still a lot more stencils to do, but some are that small they'll never be seen so won't get fitted 🤣

Also got the bang seat in and canopy painted ready to fit right at the end, liking the firebird colour against the camo :) 

20181027_213030_resized

20181027_213040_resized

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

My god

I've just noticed this build finishes next weekend and I'm thinking it was December ending 😲

I must pull my finger out and get it done and start on the Grumman panther for that GB but F1 this weekend and maybe Telford..........

And they say modelling is nice and relaxing 😂

• Like 1

Right

Calling it done I think 🤔 maybe a little more weathering in the week, but who knows

One quick phone pic and I'll try and get some good ones for the gallery when the light is better as it's peeing down here at the minute as usual 

20181110_123354_resized

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Col. said:

Nicely done :goodjob:

Thanks @Col.

It's took a while with one thing and another, but I'm fairly happy with it, I've learnt a bit more along the way which is always good :) 

• Like 1

• Redstaff changed the title to Hunter F6 56 Squadron 1960 +++Finished+++

Calling it done now and pics posted in the gallery

Thanks to everyone who gave support and advice along the way and for showing their super models as well

Here's to the next one :)

Regards

Ian

• Like 1