1/72 - Piper PA-25 Pawnee by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Homebee

Great to see this; agplanes are a sorely neglected modeling subject. I'm especially glad to see a Pawnee, as I once worked for the Pawnee Indian Tribe of Oklahoma/Pawnee nation as their Grants and Contracts Administrator. I was told that Piper had actually requested permission of the tribe to use their name, instead of simply appropriating it, as so often is the case.

• Like 4

I'm very pleased to see it too as it belongs in one of my gliding dioramas alongside a Cub, a Tiger Moth and a variety of gliders vintage and modern (well, ones which were modern in the 1980s anyway!)  There is a lot of Super Cub DNA in it: conceptually it's basically a low wing single seat Super Cub with a big engine. They are terrific machines to fly at light weights, something like an aerial version of open-top lightweight Land Rover with a big V8 in it, and reassuringly strong.

• Like 2

Agricultural planes seem so boring to me... They should have better done PA-11 - an IDF aircraft heavily used in the Independence War. Or Piper Cherokee - the most built Piper airplane...

But still good that some neglected types are getting done in plastic! So thumbs up AZ/KP anyway :)

Edited by Dennis_C

I'll be up for one of these. We used to see them spreading fertilizer on the hills around New Zealand & then when bigger machines came along, Beavers, Agwagons & Fletchers, the Pawnees disappeared to find new use as glider tugs in some cases.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I ought to think abou a couple too. Have a whole bunch of Dujin resin 72nd civil gliders to go with it. Could even replicate my local gliding club.

Going by the image of the kit  'parts' the wings and tail feathers all look like the Super Cub kit parts thus showing the commonlity of parts of the real aeroplane.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If glider tugs, particularly PA-25s, are your thing, try to get hold of the latest edition of Aviation Heritage, the journal of the Aviation Historical Society of Australia. It has a feature, with colour photos, of the tugs used at the last World Gliding Championships held out here. (Possible source in the UK is Air-Britain.)