TRIUMPH TR7

Morning Chaps :bye:

Yep, bet ya nearly fell off your chair when you saw that title :) 

Monograms Triumph TR7!!

resized_7d54f9a6-1cea-4ff8-bd3b-6249eb09

The kit, according to the box, is from 1977, and the box art really is quite, well....

If you are one of those, I want super duper detail kits and all the add on bits and I want it NOW modeller, I have a feeling you might be a bit disappointed. But for me that loves the classics and am revisiting the kits built in my youth, its a joy to behold. 

Not a very difficult kit, its only got about 30 pieces, and its a typical monogram kit of the time. 

Interior has a mind numbing 5 pieces, not that you can actually see any of it, but I added some instrument decals and a new gear knob. 

Finished in Tamiya Camel Yellow (TS 47) and Semi Gloss Black Vinyl Roof and then the body was sealed in Tamiya Clear. 

Just a bit unfortunate that its a left hand drive. The instructions say that it is a 'Victory Edition' that comes with the specific decals seen on the box, but my decals had a complete thromby when they hit water and turned into 37 separate decals. Not surprising as they are 40 odd years old.

Thankfully the ones that did manage to make it were the TR7 decal on the front and the Triumph badge on the back.

A nice simple kit, to get the mojo mojoing again. Absolutely love it.

resized_a624702c-28d2-4a86-b428-da4957ff

Think it looks a bit better than the last time I built it in the late 70's :) 

Thanks for looking 

MadSteve  

• Like 23

12 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Nice result, Steve.

Those wheels didn't make it to UK versions.

(Probably a good job too).

:) Yeah, Is a pity about the wheels, but I believe the Airfix one has the correct wheels so I'm havin a lookie for that 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...