1/72 Airfix Handley Page 0/400

A great result. More so when one considers that it is far from the easiest kit to put together well.

Martian 👾

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Nice job

But for the next time; the fin flash should be Blue leading, red to the rear and the colour should be NIVO, a much darker greenish colour, not a PC10 look

Not NIVO , PC10 is correct for the 0/400 , Nivo was not introduced until after 1918 , so did not appear on WW1 aircraft.

Andrew

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much. I appreciate your comments.

@Black Knight

11 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Nice job

But for the next time; the fin flash should be Blue leading, red to the rear and the colour should be NIVO, a much darker greenish colour, not a PC10 look

hm, are you sure that the blue goes forward to leading edge? I remember that I checked it several times in the instruction sheet.

It is quite big, and a bit heavy in the wings too, so I suggest patience and strong glue for supporting struts. Other than that it can be build surprisingly quickly.

I do not eat so much ice cream, 😀, those are my kids wood modelling ice cream sticks.

@Spitfire31

Edited by Lanmi

Magnificent. A wonderful model. The added fine detail and rigging raises it to another level.

Although I think you should have built a Halifax to compare it with, rather than a Lanc!

5 hours ago, Lanmi said:

hm, are you sure that the blue goes forward to leading edge? I remember that I checked it several times in the instruction sheet.

1915 to 1930 the RAF fin/rudder flash/stripes was blue leading, then white then red at the trailing edge. Then it was changed to red leading until it was discontinued in use in 1934

Perhaps the instructions are wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

1915 to 1930 the RAF fin/rudder flash/stripes was blue leading, then white then red at the trailing edge. Then it was changed to red leading until it was discontinued in use in 1934

Perhaps the instructions are wrong

He's right

Awesome!

I can't begin to even think how much work goes into a kit like this, to get it looking like that.

The rigging alone would drive me crazy - assuming I managed to get to the rigging stage without having some other aspect of the construction misaligned or out-of-whack somehow.

What a testament to your skill and patience!

:goodjob::clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent job; perhaps the best I've seen from that ancient kit.  What did you do with the horrible wing rib representation ?  It's by far the worst feature of the kit......