Fantastic mike! 👍

Seeing it built up does make me appreciate how brave (or foolhardy) those chaps must have been to set sail anywhere in a boat that small (obviously I don;t mean they'd have set sail in a scaled down one!)

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2018 at 08:31, Rabbit Leader said:

That's a lot of work for such a small kit - you should be really proud how this one turned out. She's a real beaut!

Cheers.. Dave

Many thanks Dave. All good practice for the next time when I promise the rigging will be better and the sails cleaner! All the best. Mike

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 10:32, nimrod54 said:

That's a superb build of this little kit Mike Well done fella. :clap: 

John, many thanks. It is a bit 'warts and all' since there hasn't been the time to pull apart the bits that didn't quite go right. I was really please with the hull detailing though and if time had permitted, would have done a seascape using silicon mastic or suchlike. Next time.... All the best. Mike

19 hours ago, Lawzer said:

Fantastic mike! 👍

Seeing it built up does make me appreciate how brave (or foolhardy) those chaps must have been to set sail anywhere in a boat that small (obviously I don;t mean they'd have set sail in a scaled down one!)

Ian, thanks for that. Imagine if you were prone to sea-sickness on a tiny thing like that! Ship-building was an art in those days and the whole thing about mast raking was interesting to read up on. Enjoyed it immensely. All the best. Mike.

1 hour ago, Grandboof said:

Great work Shows just how small this vessel was 

Martin H

Martin, many thanks, and the Santa Maria was the biggest of the three ships that set out! All the best. Mike

• Like 1