1/72 Petlyakov Pe-8

Ladies and gentlemen!
Let me introduce you to my next work. This is a long-range bomber built in the USSR and participated in the bombing of Germany during WWII.

photo_6_1533621372.JPG
photo_1_1533621372.JPG

photo_2_1533621372.JPG

photo_3_1533621372.JPG

photo_4_1533621372.JPG

photo_5_1533621372.JPG

photo_7_1533621372.JPG

photo_8_1533621372.JPG

photo_9_1533621372.JPG

photo_10_1533621372.JPG

photo_11_1533621372.JPG

photo_12_1533621372.JPG

photo_13_1533621372.JPG

photo_14_1533621372.JPG

photo_15_1533621372.JPG

photo_16_1533621372.JPG

photo_17_1533621372.JPG

photo_18_1533621372.JPG

photo_19_1533621372.JPG

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 62
  • Thanks 1

Great build and scheme Fuad.

Congratulations.

That tri-colour Soviet upper scheme looks spot on. 

I had trouble with that on an II-2 and got some great tips from Roman.

You both nailed that Grey/Blue,Mid Green,Tan/brown finish which I greatly admire on those Soviet aircraft

Well done

Cheers

Bruce

3 minutes ago, Winenut said:

Great build and scheme Fuad.

Congratulations.

That tri-colour Soviet upper scheme looks spot on. 

I had trouble with that on an II-2 and got some great tips from Roman.

You both nailed that Grey/Blue,Mid Green,Tan/brown finish which I greatly admire on those Soviet aircraft

Well done

Cheers

Bruce

In fact, the secret is that I muted all colors with a filter so that there is not a strong contrast. Especially the stars.

• Like 1

Fuad,

Another beautiful model! I have the kit, and have always wanted to build it, but have yet to summon the courage to attempt it; no way can I match what you have done with yours. Very, very nice paintwork and restrained weathering/exhaust streaking!

Mike

9 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Fuad,

Another beautiful model! I have the kit, and have always wanted to build it, but have yet to summon the courage to attempt it; no way can I match what you have done with yours. Very, very nice paintwork and restrained weathering/exhaust streaking!

Mike

Do it boldly, Mike. There is nothing difficult in it. I used Russian photo-etched parts (Gonza named) inside, but, believe me, they are completely unnecessary. The set is completely self-contained. But you can just add belts. 

Hi Fuad

Your Pe-8 is fantastic. I built the same kit when it was first produced and rememder as an easy kit even for a big one.

I had trouble with transparencies which were subject to vary in size depending of temperature and humidity.

Maybe I could make another one later and compare to other four engine bombers of the time.

Patrick

Superb job Fuad. I really liked this camouflage and colours.

I am researching about this scheme using AMT-1 (or A21m) / AMT-4 / AMT-12 and AMT-7 in my IL-2m3.
Did you use acrylic paints?
What colour or formulate do you used?

Best;

Cristian.

An impressive beast, you must have spent a lot of time masking off those transparencies, there are frames everywhere!

I also noticed the gun turrets at the back of the inner-engine nacelles...I've never seen that configuration before, guessing there was a tunnel in the wing to access them? Imagine the noise :wacko:

5 hours ago, Zarichta said:

Superb job Fuad. I really liked this camouflage and colours.

I am researching about this scheme using AMT-1 (or A21m) / AMT-4 / AMT-12 and AMT-7 in my IL-2m3.
Did you use acrylic paints?
What colour or formulate do you used?

Best;

Cristian.

I use Tamiya acrylic paints:

АМТ-7    XF23:60% + XF2:35% + XF8:5%

АМТ-1    XF52:5 + XF59:1

АМТ-4    XF67:90% + XF4:10%

АМТ-11  XF54:60% + XF2:35% + XF8:5%

АМТ-12   XF53:95% + XF2:5%

But after painting job İ use some color "filters" for smoothing the colors and removing the contrast.

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, AeroNautique said:

An impressive beast, you must have spent a lot of time masking off those transparencies, there are frames everywhere!

I also noticed the gun turrets at the back of the inner-engine nacelles...I've never seen that configuration before, guessing there was a tunnel in the wing to access them? Imagine the noise :wacko:

I used ready masks from Eduard.

And there really was the passage to the towers in the nacelle in the wing from the fuselage.

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 1