“4-F” a War weary T-bolt.

Hello all ... This is going to be my entry in this build. I will be using the Academy P-47D Razorback kit. The Checker-tail clan boxing. I will be doing it as war weary hack in the markings of the 356th Fg. Circa August/Sept. 1944.  I will add photo’s of the sprue shots. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

Ok so as promised and required these are the obligatory box and sprue photos.

GQtOIdr.jpg

4QIqcJP.jpg

2S137Up.jpg

ia9Y7QN.jpg

Heres a photo of 4-F.

tk532EQ.jpg

nJMnZoI.jpg

I’ve done 4-F before in 1/48th. But i need to re-do the plane for my project. If something drastic happens, i will fall back on the checkertail markings. 

Dennis

• Like 7

Hello everyone ... So for todays update. I assembled the cockpit, added tape seatbelts. Though I forgot to take photo’s of it before assembly.

KOXMjyi.jpg

Once that was done I assembled the Fuselage and glued everything together. 

18wYxzN.jpg

G3NXN1o.jpg

Just like my Airfix Mustang this thing went together with 0 seams and wont need any filler. With one exception the rudder. The seam splits the rudder horizontally. There shouldn't be a seam there.

Besides that nothing else on the Fuselage. Questions, comments, or jokes ? 

Dennis

• Like 6

So for today ... Sanding the seam to make sure theres nothing there. Though i did paint the prop today. 

yH39fcb.jpg

The hub needs paint but the blades need to dry first. Once the sanding is done on to paint ... white for the invasion stripes. 

Dennis

• Like 7

Hello everybody ... Sprayed the white today. Then i masked off the invasion stripes. Since this is portraying an aircraft post D-day from august of ‘44. lOCFLQE.jpg

These will be on the lower and mid section of the aircraft. 

hPYZgTL.jpg

u3aOYHn.jpg

I will spray the black on this the Mustang & the Deuce tomorrow. 

Dennis

• Like 5

Hello Everybody ... This is where 4-F Stands right now. 

koXzerq.jpg

Rf3p2rB.jpg

The Yellow is for the nose art.

dw4RAqx.jpg

I will place the mask for that tonight before i spray the red panel. The cowling cooling vents are masked as thes will be done in polished aluminum. Its seems to be a hallmark of Thunderbolts of the 356th. After that i will spray the green/grey. 

Dennis

• Like 9

Hello Everyone ... I have the nose art panel done and the Neutral grey on. I will paint the O.D. Tomorrow when i paint the Mustang. This is where shes sitting as of tonight.

etAgKva.jpg

I will cut it short for the evening folks. Got some bad news at casa Corsair via my Dr. Today. 

Dennis

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Hello Cousin !

Hope that it's not too bad news, take care my friend, I'll send you some positive Energy !

Hey, I missed your Jug ! Great one, Congratulations !!

Nice invasion stripes !! and interesting subject !

Best wishes Cousin !

Sincerely.

CC 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I will cut it short for the evening folks. Got some bad news at casa Corsair via my Dr. Today. 

Hope everything turns out okay, Dennis.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Procopius I was just informed im a prime candidate for a blood clot in my leg. My leg swole up on monday & tuesday and it was from poor compression. I solved the issue and reduced the swelling on my own but still not happy. So we( the Dr. & I ) changed compression leggings, and now hopefully that will help prevent it. Just upsetting but not a imminent concern. 

Dennis

• Like 2

Hello Everybody ... Well I finished painting this and the Mustang today. This is where it sits right now.

Tv5ytu1.jpg

wQHtRTO.jpg

A close up of the nose art.

ByUyYjH.jpg

With the original,

uBjISu5.jpg

QQmnLd8.jpg

6M7BBp9.jpg

0WaPBNf.jpg

wm4lOgn.jpg

WS2gmo5.jpg

One with the Mustang. I will clear coat them both on Monday, we have Family functions over the weekend. Questions, comments, or jokes if you please. 

Dennis

• Like 9