“RUN, RABBIT, ... RUN !”

Hey Dennis - sorry to hear you had bad news and hope its nothing too serious. Keep on kicking bottom.

Enjoying watching your build develop - looking forward to seeing more. Being new to all this, its the pictures you (and others) post that keeps me inspired and determined to keep doing my best. Especially on days like this when I literally called quits on my first kit and have had to order another!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the well wishes @hammett98 ... more upsetting than serious. Im a diabetic and have a chronic issue in my left leg. On top of the bone deformation and MRSA that i have dealt with for 2.5 years. My doctor informed me that im a prime candidate for bloodclots in my leg. 

For the models I saw your issue with the zoom set. I think the adhesive is good the day its put on there. But it then sits on a shelf in a warehouse forever. Next time i would try a gel type super glue it should work thats what i do. Im always happy to answer questions so if you need help, advice, or tips. Please feel free to ask. I will post todays update later this evening. I finished the paint today on both this and the thunderbolt. 

Dennis 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello Everyone ... finally started the decals on this today. I have the words Run on a decal but will have to paint in the Rabbit portion. Nh6NQjD.jpg

fMzF4GD.jpg

AyxKK85.jpg

Dcblud6.jpg

Still have the codes to do and a few stencils but its getting there. Questions, comments, or jokes ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

Hello @DaveyGair like i said in my early post. Ive put a lot pf mustangs together over the years. This is probably one of the best ive ever seen. I only used tiny dabs of surfacer where the sprue attachment points were. Otherwise i had almost no gaps or seams. The inner pieces aligned very well and didnt cause any issues either. Im hoping the two Airfix Hurricanes i have on the shelf are as easy going. 

Dennis

Hello everyone .. Today i finished the noseart, did some weathering, and sprayed the clearcoat. Tomorrow onto the flat. Its a new flat .. Tamiya to be exact ? Anyone use that or have in the past ? Im curious if i need to know anything about it. Once the Flat-coat is on I can wrap this and 4-F up they both only need landing gear and canopies. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello everyone .. Sorry for not putting these up yesterday got busy working on the Deuce and Mig-21 builds. Heres a few photos of the weathering and noseart. 

mB5tjBr.jpg

PskaGI8.jpg

0AZiVB2.jpg

I have since added the exhaust. Then next will be to add the canopy, landing gear, antenna, & drop tank. Work will be stopped over the weekend due to family obligations. 

Dennis

• Like 5

🤬 .. Well I just saw in another build that the landing gear are reversed. I was and still am going to call this done. Was going to post photo’s later today so beware my landing gear will be incorrect. My only defence was that i followed the instructions. Sounds kind of like “I was Just following orders”. The famous last words of many soldiers. 

• Haha 1

Not laughing for the mishap, but the comparison of "just following the..." etc! As a total beginner in anything USAAF and P-51, I've already thanked our Manufacturer several times for letting all of you show me how to (and it appears how not to :rofl2:) build the Airfix Mustang! V-P

• Like 1

Hello @vppelt68... Oh im laughing at the Mishap myself and realize it could very well be my fault. I blame the instructions only because the kit was upside down when i installed the gear. I very likely did a cross over in my brain. :doh:

• Like 1

Pics are in the Gallery please visit. 

Link to RFI in the aircraft section soon. 

Here are a two photo’s showing the Mustang with its siblings for my 8th A.F. Diorama. 

OdPCNoc.jpg

These are the 4th F.g. Center. Rabbit is in the upper left. My P-47D “4-F” in the upper right. x6wNyii.jpg

I hope these look good sitting next to each other. 

Dennis