Man Spends 70 YEARS Making A Matchstick Royal Navy

When I read the 'matchstick' bit in your title I was expecting the models to be a bit duff, but they are staggering!

Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

Blooming awesome, no apology for using that word, it all really is, I would love to see those, they deserve a permanent home somewhere so that Mr Warren's labours can be recognised & displayed for future generations to enjoy & equally importantly, so that I can find them when I'm next in the UK. :D

Steve.

I have seen Phillip's collection of models grow ever since he first started exhibiting at various venues. To see the collection "in the flesh" is not only breathtaking but an inspiration to all serious modellers.

Chris

• Like 1

I even spotted old faithful from East Timor Type 12  F421 HMNZS Ship Canterbury which was the guard ship for Dili until they went chasing after a couple of TNI Type 209’s that decided to make an appearance very late in the piece during INTERFET and I spotted HMAS Melbourne which my wife’s pop was on the first commissioning crew in the Air Defence Branch (WW2 to late 56 early 57) along with the other Carriers brought out from UK with a slight detour to Korea in the Sydney.

Would to see this in particular the Carriers and everything from the 60’s onwards.

Old mate Phillip is doing a better job than me at make model ships with wood and I’m still on plastic kits 

Edited by Exkiwiforces
  • Like 1

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!!!!  That's an awesome collection, & terrific detail for such a small scale.  I can't imagine packing up that collection to move the display.

As I watched the video, I was amazed that he scratch built over 480 ships in 70 years.   Then I thought, I average one ship every 3 years so to build 480 ships it would take me ... :rofl:

Thanks for posting the video.

John

• Like 2

• 5 months later...