Mach 2 1/72 BLOHM und VOSS BV 142 V2 long-range reconnaissance aircraft 1940

On 07/08/2018 at 18:02, Heather Kay said:

Is this another aircraft I need to add to my 1940 obsession?

A fabulous build and superb finish. I love the way you pose the figures in natural ways, too. They set the model off brilliantly.

Heather after seeing your album I have remembered when I last saw your work. It was on the Airfix forum when you where building the Gladiator. You have a great collection for sure. 

I was building the new Airfix Blenheim and old Frog Blenheim kits at the time. That project had to be shelved for lack of equipment to handle the frog kit. One of my current projects is the

frog kit. I'm determined to finish it. I hope you do the Do17 M. I looked at your collection and it still seems to be missing in action. 

12 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

What a strange looking aircraft it’s like it’s been designed following a bad phone line conversation with someone describing a number of different planes that they’ve seen and Blohm and Voss

It struck me as looking like a seriously underfed lovechild of a Stuka and a B17.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

I'm determined to finish it. I hope you do the Do17 M. I looked at your collection and it still seems to be missing in action. 

I hope you can finish it, and I look forward to seeing the results some time! I do have a back burner project of converting an old Airfix Do17E into a 17P. I called it a FrankenDornier, as it involves joining bits of Revell kit with the Airfix one. It’s stalled at present, as I need to do some scratch building on it. 🙂

41 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

I hope you can finish it, and I look forward to seeing the results some time! I do have a back burner project of converting an old Airfix Do17E into a 17P. I called it a FrankenDornier, as it involves joining bits of Revell kit with the Airfix one. It’s stalled at present, as I need to do some scratch building on it. 🙂

Yes I will be finishing it. I have ordered the decals as the kit didn't have any. What I'm really looking forward to is the Airfix 1/48 scale Blenheim.

The frog kit makes me appreciate adey's work on his project shown here even more. It was his interest in the old kits that got me going on my Frog. 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations on getting this beast of a kit finished and with a cracking result. I'm still fiddling with the floatplane/MS version but am inspired to get on with it now, having seen your effort.

• Thanks 1