Civililan Helicopter decals

Biggu

Hey guys, I am 'trying' to make some 1/48 scale helicopters, Bell 206, 205, and 212 as well as AS350, and I can cobble together some decals, but is there ANY decal guys who can or does make ANY civilian Helicopter company decals? I am putting this out to you great guys on this forum as it goes around the world....... I see ALL the military versions, but there are many civvie company's and fire fighting companies out there that are not represented................... so if there is someone out there who can or is willing to make some decals, I can supply a fair amount of information, I am just not into spending mega bucks on one or two sets... I will be happy to cover printing costs etc........ is there any interest out in this world for civilian helicopters?

Talk to me ladies and gents

Cheers

Jeff

Vastly under represented but there are a couple of options out there:

Peddinghaus Decals

Lima November Decals

Whirlybird Models

Draw Decal - Some interesting Bell UH-1s

Although they are no longer in production, a US based manufacturer called Fireball Modelworks * also produced some very decals for some very interesting subjects. 

* Be very careful if you do a Google Search for "Fireball Modelworks" though

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Biggu said:

there any interest out in this world for civilian helicopters?

There certainly is but the problem is that there are so many different markings that any commercial decal manufacturer would have difficulty deciding what would sell for them.

I for example would like a sheet for the Scottish Air Ambulance Service and Strathclyde Police/Police Scotland but how many others would buy such a sheet?

Have a look in the traders section as I seem to remember somebody in there doing custom printing.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, guys, maybe we need to start a SIG?? LOL  I saw the Fireball sets, and they looked great, but as you say they are out of business, Scimitar, those are great ideas, and  along with that, if one had CHC done, there are a mountain of options there, both Canadian and International, as Canadian Helicopters have an International division..... even some of the other Canadian companies, are in Australia fighting fires, even some sets could be cobbled together form generic sets, but there does seem a general lack of civvie schemes....Don't get me wrong, I like some of the military ones, but after many years they get a little bit old......

Why be careful bout the Fireball google search?? Does it take me to a place I'd rather not be?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Biggu said:

I saw the Fireball sets, and they looked great, but as you say they are out of business

Why be careful bout the Fireball google search?? Does it take me to a place I'd rather not be?

Fireball are still in business but, unfortunately for the aircraft modelling fraternity, they have retired their range of aircraft products and decals and have replaced them with a range of 1/24 and 1/25 scale model car accessories.

I've sent you a PM to answer your second question

16 minutes ago, Biggu said:

Thanks Richard, I sent Paul a request email.... I hope to hear from him..... do you have any idea of what a set of his decals may cost?

From memory it depends on the nature of the subject - i.e. size and number of colours.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...