H builds “A Whiffy Pony”🤢 FINISHED

I found the start kit in the stash so all ready to go. Going very Whiffy with the paint and markings, apologies up front. Thinking mabe NMF and olive green, or something with Orange. 😎 will be needed. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 1

Ready to start

resized_f9a155ac-4ae5-4a8a-a7e0-ddd172a0

Found the Freightdog Mustang Mk.IV conversion set giving the correct carburettor intake and Aeroproducts uncuffed propeller. Don’t remember buying them :mental:  

As @Cookenbacher & @nimrod54 will recall, when I started building in the GBs, the pilots were named. Time to start that again with Flt Lt Maurice Ulysses Stang. On the flying roster as Flt Lt M.U.Stang. Chocks away:pilot:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I may change my own name to that! 

Wish i had a stash where aftermarket just gets found in amongst it 

good luck with the build and can’t wait to see Lt MU Stang, he must surly have a strong moustache 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

Whiffy, but the pilot is a Flt Lt, so, he's RAF?

Whiffy, but RAF Whiffy, in so much as paint scheme, decal placement, sqn markings etc. 

2 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Looking forward to Flt Lt MU Stang's ride coming together, H!

I have that Freightdog set too, and am curious to see how it works.

It’s a little bit of cut & shut Cookie, I have cut the required parts off of the fuselage, dry fitting shows some fetteling required to get a good fit. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I may change my own name to that! 

Wish i had a stash where aftermarket just gets found in amongst it 

good luck with the build and can’t wait to see Lt MU Stang, he must surly have a strong moustache 

It’s got to be a full on handlebar moustache, wax on stand by. 

I'd go for a target tug, with all those wrap around black/yellow stripes, and a side mounted winch....Flying Instructor Lt. M.U. Stang would be very proud of his pristine looking pony.

Edited by Artie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Carpet monster has just been fed! One clear gunsight gone never to be seen again :angry:

Time to start scratch building a replacement

Ah, but the new one will be much more accurate - for this particular aircraft ;)

• Like 2

Scratch built gunsight to replace the one eaten by the carpet monster. Welcome to the new fandangle HUD

resized_4b0555de-60d5-40d6-a58f-ed990de6

Wire, white glue & a drop of Tamiya green. Quite pleased with it. 

Im sure it was the mighty Cookie @Cookenbacher, who once said and I paraphrase “ if in doubt, build a spitfire” so here’s my £2:99 bargain as a test paint shop. Like the yellow & white, the grey is too dark, but food for fought.

resized_c9ff8a1e-5449-425c-8098-22dfb398

23 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Nice work H!

I like the dry brushing on the coaming and radios(?), and the new nose seems like it fit with little problem.

Thanks Cookie, a mixture of dry brushing silver, Ammo neutral wash and Tamiya Matt varnish. 

The nose has had some filler and the back of the wing to fuse joint needed some trimming to get it to fit. There’s still a tiny lip but I’m happy with it. The true test is under paint:shrug:  

• Like 4

Spoiler alert

resized_6f1dc8ff-ec6a-45e8-917a-712269d8

Well flap alert 🧐

Its Ford carnival red over Tamiya Pink primer. Gives it a cool orange tint. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 4

Apologies for the lack of photo updates during the painting phase. A big reveal will happen soon, but so far Halfords white primer, Appliance white, & Tamiya’s gloss black and Aluminium have been used. Just hope it looks good when the masking tape comes off. :pilot:

• Like 1

Hey Speedy Gonzales that's looking fabulous. Nice to see the pink primer putting in an appearance it definitely works under rhe red. I'll drag my kits out later and give the parts a wash,, then I can make a start tomorrow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

Hey Speedy Gonzales that's looking fabulous. Nice to see the pink primer putting in an appearance it definitely works under rhe red. I'll drag my kits out later and give the parts a wash,, then I can make a start tomorrow.

I do like the pink primer! Very good with yellow so I hear 

:crap:

Still haven’t found the pink scalpel after the move though.  Anyway I’m thinking micro tubing retraction jacks fo the u/c doors. Was going to “borrow” your idea for the exhausts too but my stubs are way to short. Ask me how I know :angry:

Looking forward to your build buddy. 

• Like 2