Sea Fury (yes another one!)

Well it had to be done.  Everyone else has one.  Don't you?

Have to fish out the typhoon and tempest out the roof sometime for a family portrait.  Just need a MkII tempest and I'd be a very happy camper. 

Enough has been said about the Airfix Sea Fury, so I wont repeat details. I enlarged the cowling by putting a 15 thou plastic card shim on each side.  That just about makes it fit.

I added a gun sight  from an Eduard Spitfire that  I had spare (not that you can really see it).  The decals are from an AeroMaster sheet as I wanted one with the black and white stripes.

The photos show a couple of areas I need to touch up.  Oh well.  Its not like I have other kits to build 😉

Enough waffle, on with the pics.

Tim

EyX1StK.jpg

IYxmFfw.jpg

K1F46x5.jpg

l5tIcHT.jpg

kPeQOY9.jpg

zwTxn3F.jpg

ssMXQKr.jpg

Ll6xWIc.jpg

• Like 53

Nice one Tim - I like that a lot.

I hadn't heard of probs with the cowling - is that a widely discussed issue?

ATB
Rick

That is beautiful. I'm no judge of details or precision so I can only go on looks and for me one of the big sellers is when the model ceases to look like a plastic kit and looks more like a metallic replica. You've certainly achieved that look here.

Yes, we do. Cowl shimmed as well. Stalled at the painting stage since I too want to do a striped one.. Surprised Airfix didn’t give us the choice from the box. Yours looks lovely, super work, hope mine turns out as nice. 

On 8/6/2018 at 10:58 PM, Spad said:

Nice one Tim - I like that a lot.

I hadn't heard of probs with the cowling - is that a widely discussed issue?

ATB
Rick

Thanks for the comments all.

Rick, yes the problem with the cowling has been discussed here.  A quick search will show the conversations.  There is a resin replacement if you need one.

Tim

• Thanks 1