1/72 Dragon Apollo 10 (converted to Apollo 13 diorama)

Hi guys, well this has been a fun build. I had a picture in my mind how I wanted this diorama to look and for once it has come out looking just as I imagined it, spooky! It's a bit biased towards the movie look rather than a true representation of how an actual explosion would appear in the vacuum of space. I hope you enjoy the pics. Finally, you can see the work in progress of my build in the link below.

mtVIo4b.jpg
VaBYfze.jpg
kKGoGIF.jpg
puo0Xoc.jpg
AtYHMfV.jpg
dM5CNVY.png
s8uxIwV.png
83WLrav.jpg
cZqvbSj.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 16

I've just spotted something.

There should not be a probe on the front leg of the LM - this was present on Apollo 9 (and maybe 10) but was removed from Apollo 11 onwards in case it bent up on landing and created a tripping hazard for the astronauts as they came down the ladder.

Please take this in the spirit in which it was intended - as constructive criticism and not dismissive of your work. It's a beautiful model.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

I've just spotted something.

There should not be a probe on the front leg of the LM - this was present on Apollo 9 (and maybe 10) but was removed from Apollo 11 onwards in case it bent up on landing and created a tripping hazard for the astronauts as they came down the ladder.

Please take this in the spirit in which it was intended - as constructive criticism and not dismissive of your work. It's a beautiful model.

Yes i can't argue with your observations,i spent a lot of time looking at pictures of the Lunar Modules and they all seemed different for every mission,so i just went with a "Movie" version look,and yes looking at the finished model in person it looks better than in any photo,i am really happy how it turn out.

I am just pleased you guy's like it too Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

"Houston, we have a problem"

Amazing diorama - what a tidy and brilliant idea - very nice work there sir

Many thanks,it was hard to photograph,looks superb in person with the light reflecting off the command module and the gold foil effect,i posted the video on Modelerstube.com in the space section if you want to see the rotating effect.