Belkits Manta 400

Well, after the mishaps with knackering the body shell trying to remove a badly applied paint job I managed to purchase another shell and finish it off in a fashion once I had completed the P47 in the STGB, not happy with it, but better than binning it totally.

I had to build it without the night stage lights and had to fabricate the headlights and bezels out of milliput and pva lenses due to those being attached to the original shell, not perfect but didn't want to fit the rectangular kit ones.

I will build another eventually as I have a set of Andrews heat for hire decals which I didn't want to waste on this effort.

20180805_165803_resized_1

20180805_165815_resized_1

20180805_165824_resized_1

20180805_165831_resized_1

20180805_165848_resized_1

• Like 12

Looks superb

It's funny, but at the time the Manta B was an actual car I disliked the Design, but today I like it and think it's a classic,how the times are changing.

If I'll tell something like this about someone like David Hasselhoff you can send me the cookunest....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love it , great job . Were the back rims different to the front really ?

I liked Mantas so much I bought one ( £6.728 ) just after I came out the RAF and another about 6 years later.  Both Berlinetta hatches not the 400 but still got it to 125 and legally (I might add) , several times on Lasham's Runway and second time driving through Germany M'lud . It could also swallow a small sideboard . I want another one ! Spotless 1986 GTE on ebay a few months ago went for £8,000

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

Love it , great job .

Thanks

46 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

Were the back rims different to the front really ?

Apparently so 🤔 I thought it was strange as well

hse_mcrae1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

I liked Mantas so much I bought one ( £6.728 ) just after I came out the RAF and another about 6 years later

One of the guys on my Fitters course at Halton had won a new one in a raffle at Gutersloh.

Not bad for 10DM!

Nice result, Redstaff. keep them coming.

• Like 2

Manta 400 ' s always bring back memories of Jimmy McRae versus Russell Brookes on ITV World of Sport back in the early 80 ' s . Top cars , sound great and always embarrassed Quattros on Tarmac rallies . 

Great job .         Gary . 

• Like 1

Super save!  It looks amazing. Just the same on the stages in my time as a rally marshall, well done!  

• Thanks 1