F-8E Crusader, VMF(AW)232, Red Devils, Da Nang

2 hours ago, Mr.Happy said:

Russ,

Gorgeous job on the Last of the Gunfighters‼️😎

Your base and blast walls for the display are very nice too. 

Did you make the walls out of plastic card stock? 

Great work,

Mr.Happy (In name only)

Thanks Mr Happy. re the revetments: I bought some Noys Minatures  Vietnam backdrops off Hannants a while ago but despite being 1/48 scale they`re only big enough to show something the size of a Skyhawk or Bearcat. so I cut the revetments off the bottom and glued them onto some perspex sheet.

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

Who doesn't like a Gunfighter, especially one that good..!!  Great work Russ, it's great seeing your work (especially as we follow the same themes!!).

Do you have them all out on display all the time?

Cheers,

Phil

• Like 1

Excellent! Your finishes are always so nicely understated - gives a real sense of realism.

Great work Russ - bring on the next one!

ATB
Rick

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Who doesn't like a Gunfighter, especially one that good..!!  Great work Russ, it's great seeing your work (especially as we follow the same themes!!).

Do you have them all out on display all the time?

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks Phil, at the moment I`ve got about 2/3rds of them on the shelves at the top of the stairs, which is as many as will fit. The other 1/3rd ( the really big ones, B-57, Skywarrior, Stallion etc ) are in the loft keeping the house warm in winter. They get swapped about a bit when I finish a new one, but when the space in the loft is full I have to have a cull.

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CMSCHLOM said:

Extremely beautiful crusader.  Inside the air intake I noticed a step, was that step with the kit of did you add?  I bring that up because in the 1:1 F-8, there is a step inside the intake.

Thanks CMSCHLOM, the step in the intake all Mr Hasegawas doing, I can`t take any credit for that. I`m just glad it`s supposed to be there 😉

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

Stunning Crusader well photographed and presented.

May i have missed this, is this the Hasegawa kit in 1:48 scale ?

Thanks Bernd, it`s Eduards boxing of the Hasegawa kit, they give you some extras ie resin seat, wheels and brakes, photo etch cockpit and a larger decal sheet. No extra weapons though.

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, russ c said:

Thanks Bernd, it`s Eduards boxing of the Hasegawa kit, they give you some extras ie resin seat, wheels and brakes, photo etch cockpit and a larger decal sheet. No extra weapons though.

Cheers Russ

Eduard and Hasegawa in one box sounds like magic. I have the Eduard kits with the Academy F-4s and the Hobby Boss F-14 in and it is really stunning what you get.

I have read ( i think on Hyperscale ) that it is difficult to get the canopy displayed open as you did ! Any troubles ?

2 hours ago, BerndM said:

Eduard and Hasegawa in one box sounds like magic. I have the Eduard kits with the Academy F-4s and the Hobby Boss F-14 in and it is really stunning what you get.

I have read ( i think on Hyperscale ) that it is difficult to get the canopy displayed open as you did ! Any troubles ?

Hi Bernd, it shows you what to do on the instruction sheet, not too difficult. You need to thin the rear edge of the canopy and remove some material from the fuselage where the recesses for the hinges are.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Russ 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, russ c said:

Hi Bernd, it shows you what to do on the instruction sheet, not too difficult. You need to thin the rear edge of the canopy and remove some material from the fuselage where the recesses for the hinges are.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Russ 

Sounds easy enough to do it. Thank you :)

Great build of the last of the gunfighters and my favorite Cold War USN/USMC weenie cooker! I loved your choice of stores as well as the understated and very realistic weathering. Well done, sir! (Now you need a Jarhead Scooter loaded for bear to go with this one!)

Mike

• Like 1

Hello Russ,

Second time I came across your model. The model, the setting and the photography is excellent.

Regards, Orion.

• Like 1