Look for the following items as I’m going to pimp up my Tiger Class Cruisers over the coming wet season.

Hi Team,

I’m starting to get my Wet Season builds organise once the power and air conditioning is connected to my shed/ man cave (20m x9m).

Anyway I’m trying to find the following items in 1/700 scale for my two Tiger Class Cruisers.

4 x6 Sea Wolf missile launchers and 4 Type 910 Radar/ Tracking Systems 

4 x Sea Dart missile launchers and 4 Type 909 Radar/ Tracking Systems and 

4 Ikara launchers

I’ve tried Shapeways, my usual Australian model shops in the Net. So hoping that someone here might be able point me in the right place where I might be able to obtain these items as I already my Air Group, paint and I’m about to order PE for this wee project.

The idea behind this project is that the Old Country (The UK) doesn’t run off to join EU but forms the Commonwealth Common Market and the Commonwealth Defence Organisation. This was an idea of the former  NZ PM “Big Norm” Norman Kirk and a number of other nations within Commonwealth to halt the Uk from joining the EU and also stop the US and Soviet Governments/ and their proxies filling the power vacuum that would be the result of the UK deserting the Commonwealth Nations for the EU.

• Like 1

Skywave models have a weapon sprue with a Sea Wolf and a Sea Dart launcher. This is found in many of their 1/700th scale modern NATO and Japanese Defence Force kits.

Someone on Shapeways does 1/600th parts for the Airfix Leander kit, inculding the Sea Wolf launcher and director and the Ikara launcher, you could try contacting him and asking if he would scale down the parts for you

• Like 1

So I presume this is based on the Matchbox/Revell post helicopter cruiser conversion.  I get the Sea Dart idea - presumably replacing A & B turrets - and I assume that the Sea Wolf will replace the midships Sea Cat - but where are you planning to put Ikara?

To the best of my knowledge, the only mooted medium range SAM conversion of the Tigers was the proposed replacement of Y turret with a Sea Slug but that was shelved in favour of a hangar.

18 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

So I presume this is based on the Matchbox/Revell post helicopter cruiser conversion.  I get the Sea Dart idea - presumably replacing A & B turrets - and I assume that the Sea Wolf will replace the midships Sea Cat - but where are you planning to put Ikara?

To the best of my knowledge, the only mooted medium range SAM conversion of the Tigers was the proposed replacement of Y turret with a Sea Slug but that was shelved in favour of a hangar.

I’m looking at replacing the 3” inch guns with the Sea Dart, dropping the Sea Cats for the Sea Wolf and I’m not sure about Ikara atm as I’m tossing up at Sea Eagle dress up as an Exocet , but if I find can a picture/ diagram of the proposed light weight Sea Dart / Sea Eagle launcher I’ll use that. Got to find a couple of late model 40/60 guns prefer single 40mm than a twin mount as I have more 20mm cannons than you can  poke a sapping handbag with atm.

Not really a great fan of that ugly looking Missile called the Sea Slug as it reminds me of a Camel not that useful unless you are in the desert or someone having too many pints one night at the bar while designing the Sea Slug at the same time.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Niall said:

Skywave models have a weapon sprue with a Sea Wolf and a Sea Dart launcher. This is found in many of their 1/700th scale modern NATO and Japanese Defence Force kits.

Someone on Shapeways does 1/600th parts for the Airfix Leander kit, inculding the Sea Wolf launcher and director and the Ikara launcher, you could try contacting him and asking if he would scale down the parts for you

Cheers  for that following a few leads at the moment with designers on Shapeways and I’ve found the Pit Road/ Skywave model, so I’ve fired off an email one Oz supplier. Might check Fraud Bay if two are available.

• Like 1

Hi I did a what-if ,with Blake ,it went to the Falklands in 1982 and then using the same kit,chop off the flight deck and added 3D parts from shapeways,for HMS Tiger . The photo etching for Tiger is from  Atlantic models ,there is etching for both ships.Here is both ships .

Tiger%209_zpsvdewxeog.jpg

• Like 4

On 07/08/2018 at 00:13, Chris Hewitt said:

Hi I did a what-if ,with Blake ,it went to the Falklands in 1982 and then using the same kit,chop off the flight deck and added 3D parts from shapeways,for HMS Tiger . The photo etching for Tiger is from  Atlantic models ,there is etching for both ships.Here is both ships .

I never thought of including CIWS as RN thinking at the time was to go all Missile, I see you have kept the Sea Cats and the twin 3” gun. 

With my whiff build they would’ve rip out engines and replace them with gas turbines or diesels along with fully automation IRT to C3 and weapon systems etc (Sea Wolf, Sea Dart and Ikara). Keeping the big gun for NGS etc and reduce the Sea Kings from 4 to 2 and and add 2 Lynx’s or 3 AEW Sea Kings for independent Task Groups without a Carrier attach to the Group.

• Like 1