SHADO Mobile Carrier

Nice work. I will have to rewatch the series to see how often it is used.

What scale have you built it to?

I found this googling it

gerry_andersons_ufo_shadair_c_184_transp

I am tempted to have a go at one as well.

How long has it taken to get to this stage?

• Like 3

On 05/08/2018 at 07:39, Pete in Lincs said:

Wow! I can't remember that one, but it looks like a typical Anderson creation and great so far.

It featured in a few episodes briefly, but most notably in "The Computer Affair" and "A Question of Priorities".

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

What scale have you built it to?

I scaled it around small Konami mobiles which look around 1/200 scale. That coincided with the size of the forward part of the engines of a 1/144 scale 747 I will never build. Comes in about 310mm in length.

I also came across the artwork you found. Note the underside of the wings should be metallic. I never use artwork as it is just someone's intrerpretation of photos. I used the ones in the UFO guidebook as reference.

Has taken about a month to get to this point. Lots of filing and sanding. All made from 80thou plasticard and a few kit parts.

Keith

• Like 1

Thanks very much. I don't like installing landing gear permantly as I need to be able to photograph it in flight, so these are just attached with double side sellotape. Unfortunately they don't stay stuck for long so after I took this photo I installed 1mm steel wire just inside the gear and long enough to take the weight off the wheels.

I decided to go with the easy option of the hydraulic rams on the ramp and no side doors as seen later on in the series.

Keith

C-184 (4)

Edited by saturnapollo
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much, Hans.

Declaring it finished. Had a problem with the red paint wrinkling after varnishing, but luckily managed to retrieve the situation.

Now for the proper photography.

Keith

C-184 (6)

C-184 (7)

Edited by saturnapollo
  • Like 9

• 1 month later...