ICM 1/35 T-34/76, 1944

x2vlC1G.jpg

gtg0rMs.jpg

CvY6jHe.jpg

Another project that languished for a bit. I mostly enjoyed the build, although the ICM T-34 had some fit issues, and the tracks don't want to take paint, which peels off easily. As a result, I was unable to weather the wheels and tracks as much as I wanted to.

• Like 13

Hi Sairou,

A lovely T-34 even without the figures, which are the icing on the cake with realistic poses, good proportions and nice details.

I'm assuming you gave your tracks a good soak in washing-up liquid before painting, so have you ever tried giving problem tracks a coat of acrylic mat varnish before painting?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Great job Sairou, love the figures. It’s somthing I have to buckle down and get done a for a few of my projects, maybe while  I’m waiting for my next project to arrive - I’ll  give it a go

Really nice T34 mate, just the right amount of weathering for a vehicle with a two week shelf life. The figures do give it some nice movement......👍10 out 10.

Simon

• Like 1

On 06/08/2018 at 00:15, Badder said:

Hi Sairou,

A lovely T-34 even without the figures, which are the icing on the cake with realistic poses, good proportions and nice details.

I'm assuming you gave your tracks a good soak in washing-up liquid before painting, so have you ever tried giving problem tracks a coat of acrylic mat varnish before painting?

Rearguards,

Badder

I washed them in soap and water, I didn't know paint wouldn't adhere until the primer unfortunately, should have tested it perhaps. I thought that the tamiya paint might cling better, but even after a coat of varnish it was wont to peel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...