***Finished*** Thread Save take 2 Airfix Harrier GR5

On 8/7/2018 at 11:38 AM, Giorgio N said:

Sounds like a good plan to me, you can never have too many Spitfires ! 😎

Indeed, can’t even tell you how many I have. Anyway I made a start on it this afternoon. Also found my local modelling shop shut till further this morning to my dismay, hoping things aren’t bad with the owner, but i need paint, which will have to be ordered as an amazon add on, so a kit will be needed to boost over the threshold, and amazon have both the mkviii weekend and mkixe profipack with tasty options elligible for this

42159988780_365e492bc4_b.jpg

30097153598_5eec43e03c_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Cockpit looks good !  And I see that you correctly painted some areas in green and some in silver... 😁

As a Spit fanatic I love seeing these details right on models 👍

credit eduard, I had no idea that was correct till I built the first one, and indeed I'm still doing mkI/II/Vs as per airfixs instructions, any way this built will have to be paused, used way more of dark earth on my b26, so likely won’t have enough for this, so it will wait till I’ve restocked in a week or two, which will allow me do start the mustang GB instead

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Given up, wing tips kept falling off, not going to try and make the deadline either with this or a hawk. Going to pay less attention to group builds now, build what I want to. And on that note I will move this to the WIP to build an airfix Harrier GR5 or maybe an raf sabre....

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• 2 weeks later...