Folland Gnat F1/Ajeet

This is the last of the F1's I'll be doing for now.  I'm sure some will argue if its an  F1 or an Ajeet, but as this was built out the box, I'm not to fussed.  It looks right to me.

A simple little kit to do, and takes up little space on the shelf 🙂

Tim

7lTdaAw.jpg

LA0Bewx.jpg

RA6Uvf6.jpg

A3eMmCd.jpg

FI2pdHZ.jpg

jHvc5fI.jpg

3M1iobX.jpg

aLtSj4R.jpg

WbJrMPe.jpg

yjdLQMv.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Very nice, I have built this kit as well about two years ago they are lovely , Yeah doesn't occupy too much real estate as well, I have seen so many Gnat/Ajeet here and If you see four pylons it is an Ajeet :) in IAF Folland Gnat was the MK I and MK II or updated one was the Ajeet. Cheers 
rtfyjugkhio.jpgupload foto
Me and Ajeet, sad it is not kept in a very well conditions 

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 7

Very nice, Tim.

I also have an affinity with the Indian Gnats and Ajeets, having seen a few in museums, on poles and at Farnborough :). How about a Yugoslav Gnat next? I remember seeing one in the Belgrade museum. It would add to your great collection. 

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

What a great colour scheme. I remember reading an article in Air International about their use in the India Pakistan war, flying against Sabres.  I recently left a few of my old Air Internationals at Hannants in Lowesoft - maybe that issue is still there.

Very nice trio.

11 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Me and Ajeet, sad it is not kept in a very well conditions 

That's no way to speak about yourself. The Ajeet has far more weathering than your good self.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2018 at 1:01 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Tim.

I also have an affinity with the Indian Gnats and Ajeets, having seen a few in museums, on poles and at Farnborough :). How about a Yugoslav Gnat next? I remember seeing one in the Belgrade museum. It would add to your great collection. 

Martin

I had considered the Yugoslav Gnat. They only had three (or so) for trials, but i haven’t totally ruled it out 🙂

Tim