Irish air corps vampire T55

TOPGUN88

Building the vampire t11 from airfix and built it into an Irish Air Corps machine. Was wondering is there any of the decals i can use from the kit Warning signs, escape exit markings etc as have found a few photos but not a lot of them showing much of anything except from the red triangles under canopy and the keep off criss cross sections on the wings and intakes. 

It's never easy with stencils, particularly the smaller ones, as these are not always visible in old pictures and really only close-ups can be useful in determining which stencils were applied and which weren't. Fortunately there is a good picture in "Wings Over Ireland" showing the top surfaces of a Vampire that seem to indicate that all standard stencils were applied on the upper surfaces, including the indications for the refuelling points, the dotted lines and a few others. Personally if the top surfaces had standard stencils, I would lean toward the whole set being used

Thanks very much guys. Any way possible anyone has the photos from wings over ireland and Giorgio any chance you could tell me what book or give me a copy of the pics that you have seen these in? :)

I visited Casement in 1983 and took these photos of the example parked outside of the officers mess. Not the clearest I’m afraid as they are iPhone copies of colour prints.

42922390355_5b57502b22_b.jpg

43778138862_c8742d744b_b.jpg

Hope they are of some use.

Trevor

• Like 1

Hi trevor. Thanks for the photos. They are good. The markings i see i already have on the model. I havnt seen a y pics where it uses any yellow rescue arrows ir any writing stencils on the sides.